Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22pistol

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There's a few High Standards' listed there for next to nothing; the americans seem to think quite highly of them...
    (I'd still be buying the 35M myself if I was doing the shopping though)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Model 41 is the target version of the model 22

Ugh, God no. :D

22a.jpg

vs

Smith_Wesson_41_Pistol.jpg

The 22a is a more recent model and not in the same quality bracket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭cw67irl

You will do well to get a second hand xesse for that price I had a look around and none could be got! Hilltop had one but it was crazy money!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

The xesse isn't a great pistol , i know several lads with them and they all say they wouldn't buy another, the 208/215 made in lenz switzerland is in a different league though, much better quality and they hold the record for the highest score shot in issf so i am told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I've imported several pistols from Germany with no hassles at all. Before buying this last one, I rang around here to see what was available - nothing with in an asses roar of the value to be had in Germany.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

rowa wrote: »
    they hold the record for the highest score shot in issf so i am told.
    Yup.
    The existing (May 2009) World Record for ISSF 25M Standard Pistol of 584 was set by Erich Buljung (USA), 20.08.1983 at the PanAmerican Games, Caracas (VEN) using a Hammerli 208

Fairly cheap second-hand off egun and frankonia as well for some reason (all the older pistols seem to be, but they're more than good enough to start with - I mean, I like the IZH35M but there's a 1950s era Baikal design (with a bit of upgrading) called the MCM which is more than good enough as well (and seems to go for less than the 35M does). I think the SSP's the shiniest bit of kit yet in the smallbore pistol field, but realistically, these older pistols are far better choices...

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Mr.Flibble

clivej wrote: »
    Model 41 is the target version of the model 22.

That doesn't sound right at all.

The Model 41 is a classic target pistol made out of steel and a little wood. The Model 22...... well, let's just say it isn't.

Mind you, classic and all as it is, the 41 isn't worth €1,550

P.S. - redundant post - I see someone else has already covered this.

Advertisement