Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best multiboot USB software?

Options
  • 02-11-2012 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 65,465 ✭✭✭✭
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Looking for software that creates a multiboot USB drive from ISO files

It must be able to handle several windows ISO files (i.e. Windows 7 home premium X64 installation dvd, Windows Vista x86 recovery disk, etc.) AND linux ISO files (i.e. UBCD, Kaspersky rescue disk, Ubuntu live disk, etc.)

What do you use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

YUMI i the only one I use:

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/yumi-multiboot-usb-creator/

Not sure if you can have windows vista and 7 on the same drive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,465 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Works great and very easy to use - but as you say, it doesn't seem to allow multiple windows ISO files. You can add them when configuring the USB boot drive but when you boot, they don't work, only the first one works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

unkel wrote: »
    it doesn't seem to allow multiple windows ISO files.

SARDU is your friend.

5sXcK.jpg

I briefly tried Sardu last night (before I started this thread), but couldn't get it to work for me. Maybe I should have another go :)

Make sure the USB drive is formatted with FAT32 and it should work. Use the HP USB Format Utility if necessary.

• Advertisement

Still can't get it to work. No surprise - on the Sardu forum it is mentioned that you can not have Vista + W7 or W7 + W8 on the same USB

I'm looking for a utility that can have multiple versions of Windows install ISOs (and recovery ISOs for that matter) plus multiple linux ISOs, mainly for virus checking, hardware checking, data recovery etc.

Maybe something like that just doesn't exist :)

Out of interest, have you used Sardu yourself in connection with any Windows install ISO? I have tried several versions of W7 and W8 and not one of them worked through Sardu...

CD Shell is the only other option I can think of, a Linux program (used for UBCD for example).

I'll try that too.

Oh and I don't want to sound too negative about Sardu, it works very well with multiple linux ISOs on one bootable USB :)

Advertisement