Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC application & epilepsy?

Options
  • 02-11-2012 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi
    I am applying for the IEC visa next year. Would having epilepsy be an issue in getting this visa? My epilepsy is mild, stabilised and Iam fully fit to work. I understand I probably would need to do a medical, which would be fine. Also, from reading the threads I see car insurance is very expensive, anyone have any feedback ongeneral quotes for folk with medical conditions?

Merci

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrs McSweeney

I imagine that a condition that is easily controlled with a simple prescription (e.g. not one that is monitored & adjusted frequently) will be ok, understandably their main concern is that immigrants won't have medical conditions that will drain their (very generous) public health services.
    I think that there is a figure of $60,000 that they use - so if you are expected to cost the state this amount or more over a ten year period, then they may refuse entry. This amount seems like a lot, but if you were in hospital for any duration this bill could easily be clocked up (a couple of weeks in hospital, I think, is all it would take).
    So, unless your condition would be likely to require in-patient treatment then I expect you will be ok.

Don't take my word for it though, as I could be wrong.

Advertisement