Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowes, Fleet Street

Options
  • 02-11-2012 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Anyone know what the story is with Bowes, Fleet Street after the fire they had a few weeks back? Will it reopen (hopefully soon)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭emco

They were working away on it during the week. I dont have a clue what state its in, but if its not too bad you'd imagine they'd want it open for the Christmas season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

The best pub in Dublin City centre, in my opinon.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Webster29

Agreed. Glad to hear they're working on it - I'll assume that means it'll be back in action soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Walked by at lunch time today and they had a sign outside saying opened again on Thursday 15th November. There was still work going on in the entrance but it might be open.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Webster29

Indeed I went in last night and am glad to report that aside from a new coat of paint and some upgrading of the seating, it's the same pub it was. Great to have it back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

It's up there, anyway. I was devastated when I saw that part of Fleet Street closed off by the Fire Brigade the night of the fire. I just knew it was Bowe's.

Glad to hear that no-one was injured and that it's reopen. A few of my friends will be home around Christmas and I'm sure we'll meet up in there for a drink or three.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

They announced via Publin.ie on Twitter that they'd be opening soon enough.

Happy days!

Advertisement