Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scooter to Deauville

• 02-11-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm considering taking the plunge on a 650 Deauville tomorrow. I currently have a Suzuki Burgman 250 scooter which has become a right money pit and its well past the time to get rid. The Deauville is in great nick for its age and has been given a good overhaul by my mechanic. I'm 32 years of age and all I've rode for the past 11 years are scooters. Would the Deauville be too big a step ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Papa_Bear

Absolutely not; the Deauville is a great machine. Well made and well balanced and very easy to ride.

I have one for the last year and a half - a 700cc and have had no problems so far. Of course i dont drive it as much in the last year as i also have a car but they are a great bike.

I had a vstrom previously and the difference in handling, balance, centre of gravity etc. is very noticeable.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You'll be grand OP.

We have them in work and learners advance to them with little or no difficulties really quickly.

Nice bike, enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭Jmccoy1

Cheers lads, bring it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Would you need to get that Restricted?

Would a Deauville be okay to ride restricted? Reason I ask is I'm looking at buying a scooter, for storage convenience as much as anything. But the Deauville looks like it would do the job with the Panniers. I'm on a learner permit at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

AFAIK it would have to be restricted, nice bike wont set the world on fire but it will bring a huge smile to your face if its your 1st big bike. Post up a few pics if/when you get her....Good Luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Jmccoy1 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm considering taking the plunge on a 650 Deauville tomorrow. I currently have a Suzuki Burgman 250 scooter which has become a right money pit and its well past the time to get rid. The Deauville is in great nick for its age and has been given a good overhaul by my mechanic. I'm 32 years of age and all I've rode for the past 11 years are scooters. Would the Deauville be too big a step ?
    No problem to you. A good few years back I went from a Burgman 400 to a Deauville 650 and never looked back. You''ll love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

the Deauville is a great bike, really easy to ride and handle i wouldnt worry too much

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

StaggerLee wrote: »

Would a Deauville be okay to ride restricted? Reason I ask is I'm looking at buying a scooter, for storage convenience as much as anything. But the Deauville looks like it would do the job with the Panniers. I'm on a learner permit at the moment.

I have a restricted deauville and its fine selling it soon 27k taxed needs rhs fairing 900 euro!

900 euro for a fairing that SHOCKING :eek: only taking the piss. Get a few pics up lad ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

fatbast wrote: »
    I have a restricted deauville and its fine selling it soon 27k taxed needs rhs fairing 900 euro!

You can actually buy Deauville fairings, pre painted in the right colours, from David Silver Spares in the UK

• Advertisement

Did the deal on it yesterday, pretty happy. Restriction kit & fit, large pannier lids and a new large top box and rack included. Hoping to have it in my driveway sometime next week after I arrange payment. My stupid Credit Union isn't open until Wednesday and if they insist on giving me a cheque instead of cash I'll scream. I've been told that Mo Garvey from Ennis is a pretty decent instructor, so I must try and enlist her in helping me get this machine moving safely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Fr Dougal wrote: »
    and never looked back.

You'll fail your test if you dont do the safety glance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭fatbast

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    900 euro for a fairing that SHOCKING :eek: only taking the piss. Get a few pics up lad ;)

pics new fairing ordered!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I like the Deauville, Is it still in production?
    How much room is there in the panniers?
    How do they open out? whers the hinge?

My Deauville was delivered last Friday evening, thank you Mike Conway of Grange Motorcycles in Hospital, Co. Limerick.

I'm itching to get it out on the road but ill be waiting until Mo thinks I'm ready, I've had two sessions of two hours with her and she says I'm progressing well. She'll be taking me out on the road on her CB250 next week before getting me accustomed to the Deauville.

This bike is immaculate :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

My Deauville was delivered last Friday evening, thank you Mike Conway of Grange Motorcycles in Hospital, Co. Limerick.

I'm itching to get it out on the road but ill be waiting until Mo thinks I'm ready, I've had two sessions of two hours with her and she says I'm progressing well. She'll be taking me out on the road on her CB250 next week before getting me accustomed to the Deauville.

Shes a grand looking bike. I was considering a Deauville before I got my cb

Holy Domestos wipes batman....that is one clean bike! Love the colour too. Sticky side down fella. Enjoy it....;)

Nice machine. Seriously clean
    The birds old man commutes on one.He has the 1400
    Its a rocket!
    I went pillion on it once and I was glued to the back box!

Best of luck with it

Edit-he has a Pan European now!he sold the Deauville so its a 1400 Pan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Lovely looking bike! Good luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

StaggerLee wrote: »

No, you can exchange your permit for an unrestricted one after Jan 19th, provided you are 24 or over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

what year is the bike? saw a nice Deauville today, in good condition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,307 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

That's a clean bike. My mate got one in similar condition, same colour and all during the summer. He bought his off a priest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Cienciano wrote: »
    That's a clean bike. My mate got one in similar condition, same colour and all during the summer. He bought his off a priest.

Interesting......:cool:

Advertisement