Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Theory test I.D

• 02-11-2012 3:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

So I have my theory test this Saturday at half 3.

It says you must bring a "current Irish passport" or some other sort of valid identification like national age card and the likes.

My problem is my passport has expired by a few months and I have not got any other acceptable ID.

Will they be that fussy and not allow me to sit the test?
    Can I file for a new passport and get proof from the guards to confirm who I am because when getting a new one you must send in your old one.

I can use my ID in clubs with no problem even though it has expired.
    After all my date of birth is still the same.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

So I have my theory test this Saturday at half 3.

It says you must bring a "current Irish passport" or some other sort of valid identification like national age card and the likes.

My problem is my passport has expired by a few months and I have not got any other acceptable ID.

Will they be that fussy and not allow me to sit the test?
    Can I file for a new passport and get proof from the guards to confirm who I am because when getting a new one you must send in your old one.

I can use my ID in clubs with no problem even though it has expired.
    After all my date of birth is still the same.

Thanks in advance!

when I did mine(couple of weeks ago), I saw someone being turned away because their ID was out of date....and no refund either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Littleirishman

So would I be better sending off for a new one, meaning I'd have to send my passport with the application, and getting some sort of letter with picture of me from the guards proving who I am and that i'm in the middle of getting a new one.

Why does it have to be valid anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 godzillaess

So would I be better sending off for a new one, meaning I'd have to send my passport with the application, and getting some sort of letter with picture of me from the guards proving who I am and that i'm in the middle of getting a new one.

Why does it have to be valid anyway?

I don't know- give them a call....I also did the test recently and they seemed to be pretty sticky about ID..if it not one of the ID's on the list and in date they will not accept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

The test site says only valid ID is accepted. For some reason an out of date PP or licence isn't consider valid.

There is acceptable ID on the site you may have something that will work, check it out.

That's the only form of id I have. I have my birth cert and PP. i'm thinking the letter from the guards is my best bet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

That's the only form of id I have. I have my birth cert and PP. i'm thinking the letter from the guards is my best bet?

If a letter from the guards isn't listed as an acceptable form of ID, they won't accept it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

jobsworth's of the highest degree - if they can weasel a repeat out of you before even getting to carpark, I think they get a commission

You are allowed reschedule the date aren't you?

Advertisement