Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to go on a Saturday night

Options
  • 02-11-2012 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I notice a lot of places seem to go up to over 20s/21s on weekends in Dublin. Me & a few of my friends are all 18 year old girls, just looking for a good nightclub/late bar that gets a big crowd with the standard nightclub scene like chart music or whatever! So yeah any recommendations of places to go on Saturdays that allow 18 year olds in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

As far as I know, Tripod is 18+

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Id say Q Bar is the place for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was this in After Hours first?

As far as I know, Tripod is 18+

Tripod and that whole complex is closed down months.
    Id say Q Bar is the place for you.

Again, it's not Q Bar it's called Carisle iirc, not sure what it's like now.

As you said OP most places are over 20's on the weekend, literally all of Camden St/Harcourt St are, so you're left with not much in the way of "chart music" places.

Propaganda is decent on a Saturday, in the Academy. Can't really think of much else, Lost Society is probably on likewise with the Grand Social but wouldn't be your "standard" nightclub.

Oh right wasnt aware it had changed name, id say its still the same deal, what about The Village on Wexford St? I know it used to be over 21's but last time I went there its was a completely different venue upstairs, was full off people in there late teens and played chart music.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Tripod and that whole complex is closed down months.
    Ah ok wasn't aware of that...few clubs in Temple Bar...Alchemy and Fitzsimons? And is Club M still around? Not sure of their age limit...From what I can recall though Fitzsimon's nightclub's pretty woeful...you're better off sticking with the pub part!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I say I will get shot down for it but, Quinns in Drumcondra ? Although you might feel old at 18 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Ah ok wasn't aware of that...few clubs in Temple Bar...Alchemy and Fitzsimons? And is Club M still around? Not sure of their age limit...From what I can recall though Fitzsimon's nightclub's pretty woeful...you're better off sticking with the pub part!

Club m is still there. Tripod complex is due to reopen as a large vegas style nightclub. Kennedys and club nassau would probably be fine at weekends. So to the palace on camden st and rain in portobello. Tramco and copan in rathmines and vanilla in donnybrook.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Oh right wasnt aware it had changed name, id say its still the same deal, what about The Village on Wexford St? I know it used to be over 21's but last time I went there its was a completely different venue upstairs, was full off people in there late teens and played chart music.

The night on in the Village is on a Friday, not sure if there's much on a Saturday.

Fitzsimons is a rip off tbh, likewise with Alchemy on the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 i hate picking usernames

Was this in After Hours first?

Nope why?

msg11 wrote: »
    I say I will get shot down for it but, Quinns in Drumcondra ? Although you might feel old at 18 :D

I live just down the road from that & have been there a few times, not at the weekend though so maybe it'd be better on a Saturday? Actually it's the only place I've been out in since I moved there a few weeks ago, so I was hoping to try somewhere different :pac:

• Advertisement

msg11 wrote: »

Fitzsimons is a rip off tbh, likewise with Alchemy on the weekend.

Do you mean rip off as in the prices? 'Cause that's not something I'm bothered about.. I just drink before I go out anyway so it doesn't really make a difference, my only requirements is a place that allows 18 year olds in & is good craic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The Academy - not propaganda, but I was there recently and left because it was all kids and wiggers. It's some R'n'B thing, dunno the name of it off hand.

Else the Central in Clondalkin, I walked in and out in the same minute when I saw the age of the people in the nightclub there.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    The Academy - not propaganda, but I was there recently and left because it was all kids and wiggers. It's some R'n'B thing, dunno the name of it off hand.

Else the Central in Clondalkin, I walked in and out in the same minute when I saw the age of the people in the nightclub there.

Well if you say kids I'm gonna assume that means people around my age so it'd be fine for me? :rolleyes:

SeantheMan wrote: »

The central as in the Village Inn in Clondalkin? Formerly known as the central ;), not really a young crowd in there does be mixed ages, but I wouldnt recommend that place to anyone its an absolute dump of a place i go there once every six months or so to remind myself why I dont drink there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Have you tried the Wrong Venue (WV) in Swords or Madonnas in Temple Bar also not to bad, Madonnas is all 80's music and a few cougars :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

The central as in the Village Inn in Clondalkin? Formerly known as the central ;), not really a young crowd in there does be mixed ages, but I wouldnt recommend that place to anyone its an absolute dump of a place i go there once every six months or so to remind myself why I dont drink there.

I was over in the Laurels wit my mate, and he wanted to go for sneaky jagers, so we took a stroll over there. Upstairs it was literally 16-20.

I seen my brothers - girlfriends' sister there , she's 16 I think...I was shocked...and me and my mate just walked out. It is a dive yeah, but nowhere is gonna be really respectable that lets crowds on the border of 18 in

The section in Academy in town was called "Hussle" in the green room section

http://www.theacademydublin.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=943&Itemid=57

Advertisement