Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quick Hello

• 02-11-2012 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi All,

Its been years since I was on Boards so just thought I'd say a friendly hello to everyone on here.. . . and a sorry in advance for the no doubt countless questions I'm sure to ask on here while starting out biking.

I'm doing my theory test on Tuesday and then hopefully booking my IBT right after that.

I've already got a bike waiting (99 Marauder 125) which was a surprising and very generous gift from a family member, but I'm sure before long (once I'm confident enough) I'll be moving onto something bigger. maybe a Bandit or even a Bros 400.

Anyway, thats enough from me, see you guys on here and hopefully on the road soon too.

(My new oil leaking baby - she needs a bit of work)
    41ad64a21b8811e29c6622000a1f9e4a_7.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Welcome to Boards AGAIN, Nice little runner you have there and from the pic looks very clean....get the oil sorted asap and make sure its perfect (service wise) for the winter months especially the tyres lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Welcome lad. Nice Marauder there, very clean example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Welcome back. Good luck in your tests! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Welcome along chap. I started off on a marauder 125 aswell. Same colour as that one, greens the fastest haha. I miss me marauder now. Be some craic to have a go of it.

Welcome aboard. I started off on a marauder aswell. Deadly little yoke haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Now that all of Brads personalities have had their say...

My buddy has one of those, great craic to spin around on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭designbydan

Thanks for the welcomes lads.
    Can't wait to get everything needed and get out on the road. (hopefully soon enough)

With any luck I'll get a shark lid, I was thinking about Kevlar jeans too, Hood or someone else but not draggin as I've heard they're useless. any thoughts on these? or on the kevlar longjohn style that you can get for under any jeans.
    I don't want to ride unprotected at all, but have nowhere to store all the gear in college, so thinking this would be a happy medium.

Thanks for the welcomes lads.
    Can't wait to get everything needed and get out on the road. (hopefully soon enough)

With any luck I'll get a shark lid, I was thinking about Kevlar jeans too, Hood or someone else but not draggin as I've heard they're useless. any thoughts on these? or on the kevlar longjohn style that you can get for under any jeans.
    I don't want to ride unprotected at all, but have nowhere to store all the gear in college, so thinking this would be a happy medium.

one of me mates has draggin jeans and he swears by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭designbydan

one of me mates has draggin jeans and he swears by them.

Really ? Honestly my only info from them have been some bad reviews on forums, I suppose best thing to do is just try on each type, see what I like the fit of best. . . . . . and then buy whatever cotters happen to stock :D

Advertisement