Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas vouchers for mother for Christmas!

• 02-11-2012 10:17am
    Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi, I am plannying on spending 250-300 on my parents Christmas presents this year. I am thinking of giving them vouchers for shops to take the pressure of my mam on the lead up to Christmas. So I'd be giving her them in Early December. Now baring in mind my brother always does a big food shop with my mam a few days before Christmas so there is no idea to worry about that. I din't want to give her one4all vouvhers because my dad would just take them on her and buy something in B&Q. Any ideas on where I should get the vouvhers for? I am defently getting her £100 for Dunnes.
    Amy ideas guys?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

What about Arnotts, Debenhams, Clearys, etc? Departments stores where she'd pick up bits for others and for herself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

What about a shopping centre voucher ie., Blanchardstown, Jervis etc

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

Toast4532 wrote: »
    What about Arnotts, Debenhams, Clearys, etc? Departments stores where she'd pick up bits for others and for herself?

Ya, Thanks. I was thinking of Debenhams, Boots and M&S.
    Its hard to known what amount to get for each store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

careful with the vouchers. Get them for shops that you know will not be closing its doors with no notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭okiss

I would not get her a voucher from Dunnes Stores as you would be better off putting this €100 towards a better voucher/gift card.
    From what you told us you know the kind of shops she likes and rather than limit her to x amount in Debenhams ect I would get her a gift card for the Blanchardstown Centre.

In the center there is a Debenhams, Marks and Spencer, Boots, Easons, Newbridge Silverware, Dunnes along with several other clothes shops.
    Also with this card she can send a text message to see what she has left to spend on it.
    I gave a couple I know a present of this for there wedding and they said they had a great choice of where to spend it.
    If you look up www.blanchardstowncentre.ie you can get the full list of shops here & you can buy this card on line also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

will.i.am wrote: »
    I am defently getting her £100 for Dunnes.
    Amy ideas guys?
    Just to confirm, is this a sterling voucher you're looking for?
    If it is there's some nice shops in the Buttercrane centre in Newry, not too far from Dunnes.

• Site Banned Posts: 192 ✭✭will.i.am

I am actually in Cork. So we would only be shopping in cork.
    So my choice of giving a voucher for a shopping center in pretty limited because everything is really spread out in cork and not all under one roof!

Advertisement