Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asian Store Southside?

Options
  • 02-11-2012 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys,

I regularly visit the Asian store on Drury Street in the city centre but am now working in Sandyford and was wondering if anyone knew of an asian speciality food store near to me? I can't seem to find anything on Google.Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

There is a decent Asian store in Rathmines, almost at the junction of Military Road. Closest I can think of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

one in Bray at the bottom of the Main Street (opposite The Royal Hotel).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

one in Bray at the bottom of the Main Street (opposite The Royal Hotel).
    ... and another one in Albert Walk near the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

gebbel wrote: »
    There is a decent Asian store in Rathmines, almost at the junction of Military Road. Closest I can think of.

And another one near Boots called Kwality Foods

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Post below about one in blackrock market
    rubadub wrote: »
    They used to have another shop in the same market and moved, I think everybody presumes it would only be open when the other market stalls are but its a proper shop. I was very surprised it was open until 8pm each night. I had to ring the market owner to ask if they were opening as there was no info on the web. I had to walk through the arch in pitch black to get to it, though you can come in from the other side.

Seems to be an Indian father & son running it, friendly guys who are genuinely interesting in what you want. I told them they should advertise more and that I would post it on a website, I have no connection, just do not want to see them close! and its a shame that such a good shop is unknown.

They are up the back of the market, where the green arrow is pointing here
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=53.300859,-6.178485&hl=en&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&z=19

There is a Filipino shop in dun laoghaire too "Pinoy sari sari store", opposite walters near the peoples park
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=53.289563,-6.13002&hl=en&num=1&t=h&vpsrc=0&z=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Worems

Thanks guys! I must check out that place in Blackrock :)

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

There is a shop in the mosque in Clonskeagh that stocks a large range of unusual items including spices at good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

The one in Blackrock market always seems very well stocked to me and friendly bloke running it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Always buy in Asian Market Drury St. Was stuck a couple of years ago and bought a bottle of Soy Sauce or something in Blackrock Market Indian stall. Was almost double the price of Asian Market. Wouldn't shop there again.

Advertisement