Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Daisy 55 wrote: »
    Was only asking! Unusual on short flights, no?

Oh I knew, I am saying that it is fabulous that you are, what a difference a day makes!

I know cityjet give out a free wine and a fancy snack on short flights, the trick is they are so polite if you ask for more free wine they never say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Excited about flights....let alone stuff!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭man98

I think it means you get two snacks, like Cityjet offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Just booked 2 out early Friday morning 07.30 and back 2020 Sunday night for 2 for 208.00 in October all in, beauty .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

So for €40, I can fly from waterford to luton/Birmingham with a 23kg suitcase and get free snacks on the plane?

This will be a winner for Waterford, but they will need a good bit of advertising. If I wanted to go to Birmingham, I will be heading the Waterford way. (Keep in mind that im in Clare!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭space2ground1

I'd love to do an overnight break in London from Waterford. Can anyone recommend a cheap but nice hotel? It'd be great if the Waterford travel agents did some deals with affordable hotels in London and built some packages aimed at locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

Try airbnb!

My personal favorites are

*Corbigoe Hotel
    *The Lonsdale Hotel
    And
    *The Park Hotel-Bellgrave road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

househero wrote: »
    Wait a sec. Who is this flying with?

Awesome thanks

I'd love to do an overnight break in London from Waterford. Can anyone recommend a cheap but nice hotel? It'd be great if the Waterford travel agents did some deals with affordable hotels in London and built some packages aimed at locals.

What's cheap to you?

• Advertisement

Carnacalla wrote: »
    My personal favorites are

*Corbigoe Hotel
    *The Lonsdale Hotel
    And
    *The Park Hotel-Bellgrave road.

Checked those on trip advisor. Most listed as terrible. Photos are generally disgusting. You must've been on a good day.
    househero wrote: »
    What's cheap to you?

I don't know what the going rate is. I hadn't considered London as a weekend trip before now. Somewhere small and tidy I guess.

Checked those on trip advisor. Most listed as terrible. Photos are generally disgusting. You must've been on a good day.

I looked up "worst hotels in london" just for you :)

I looked up "worst hotels in london" just for you :)

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Hotels in London are not cheap, typically 200 gbp plus a night for a standard business room sya a basic hilton/raddison.
    also note the gbp v euro rate is stronger than ever (bad if you earn euros)
    so 200gbp = 278 euro at the moment.
    One option is Easy Hotel, they have a number of very very basic but clean and practical hotels around the city, mostly just a step up from a hostel, but a nice clean safe place purely to sleep.
    you will find hotels for cheaper than the above but that would be the standard price in my opinion. There is an app called hotel tonight which is good for last minute bookings i.e for a hotel on the given night, I have used it worldwide and it is very good, right now (admittedly on a monday) I am seeing a hotel chain called the Tune hotel, one in kinds cross is 90 a night, one in canary wharf is 80 (and you get 20 off your first order) so maybe the tune hotel is worth a look! I think I saw them advertising as a new basic hotel option in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Don't forget to.look up short stay apartments can be great value

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Premier Inn are decent hotels based on my experience with them, basic but basic done well and excellent service.

I quite like the Holiday Inn hotel group, they are cheao but the hotel rooms are nice and equipped. If they have one in London then id consider it.

I guess it's an option too to stay somewhere nice in Luton and go in and out of London. Cheers anyway. Great to be able to wonder about it. Not s lot of spare cash but determined to support this if I can to give the airline a good first season. First impressions and all that.

I guess it's an option too to stay somewhere nice in Luton and go in and out of London. Cheers anyway. Great to be able to wonder about it. Not s lot of spare cash but determined to support this if I can to give the airline a good first season. First impressions and all that.

Take into account the cost of travelling into London. It may not be worth the lower cost of the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

http://www.tunehotels.com

Stayed in the one by Liverpool Street a while ago. Worked out rather cheap and was a decent hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Take into account the cost of travelling into London. It may not be worth the lower cost of the hotel.

Cheap pre booked bus from Luton into the city. Then when in London the tube and buses can be got for 7 odd quid for a day ticket. With the extensive service most hotels and sights in London can be easily reached.

London is a fantastic city for a weekend break. So much to do!

. Somewhere small and tidy I guess.

That's not a number. How much did you want to pay. Prices are double Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Just booked 2 out early Friday morning 07.30 and back 2020 Sunday night for 2 for 208.00 in October all in, beauty .

RWC?! Banking on us getting to semi final? !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

33,078 people used the airport in 2014, an increase of 14% on 2013.

Now with VLM "on board" there will be 1600 weekly seats available to the UK, hopefully with a decent amount of advertising and promotions they can get off to a healthy start. Will be tough with the short lead up, but it is do able in my eyes as LTN was the popular one back in the days. Let's just hope the people will use it now after all the giving out they have been doing when the services were dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

I still can't believe that we got the London service back, and then to get a twice daily service on the Weekdays!!

The Birmingham route is 4 times a week I believe.

Coupled with the S+R and Private Aviation it should be a busy little hub of activity out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

dzilla wrote: »
    I still can't believe that we got the London service back, and then to get a twice daily service on the Weekdays!!

The Birmingham route is 4 times a week I believe.

Coupled with the S+R and Private Aviation it should be a busy little hub of activity out there!

It's come at a very good time too, as the euro is fairly weak. It's just dropped to €1.4 euro to every £1 today so that means these flights are decent value for the Brits, their economy is also going fairly well at the moment and people are just starting to have a few bob to spare so it gives them a good opportunity to come to the south east and save money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

O Riain wrote: »
    It's come at a very good time too, as the euro is fairly weak. It's just dropped to €1.4 euro to every £1 today so that means these flights are decent value for the Brits, their economy is also going fairly well at the moment and people are just starting to have a few bob to spare so it gives them a good opportunity to come to the south east and save money.

We will be stag and hen central in that case!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So long as the Corpo buy some new hoses and concrete bins all shall be well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

dzilla wrote: »
    We will be stag and hen central in that case!

I'd imagine it is aimed at business people with the twice daily week day flights but if they can grab hold of the stag/hen parties at the weekend then thats great for the south east.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jimbo1979

Let's hope Wlr who claim to be Waterford's local station stops with the advertising of cork airport on there add breaks and starts advertising to the local people Waterford airport!

Advertisement