Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

comeraghs wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be fantastic if this airline added a European route! to Belguim! Fingers crossed!

There's a problem, you wouldn't get 50 passengers on that route, especially with the Brussels route from ORK. VLM is also a relatively unknown airline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Does anyone know if any travel agents in town are doing flights to London over a weekend with a hotel?,i know i could book them separately myself but its a gift for someone and id rather just pay for the whole thing in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Does anyone know if any travel agents in town are doing flights to London over a weekend with a hotel?,i know i could book them separately myself but its a gift for someone and id rather just pay for the whole thing in town.

Strand Travel have packages from around 170 pp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Sorry chaps, but anyone know what craft VLM operate, cannot find fleet details, appreciate response, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Sorry chaps, but anyone know what craft VLM operate, cannot find fleet details, appreciate response, thanks

http://vlmcharters.com/our-fleet/

Fokker 50's in general it seems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Sorry but I just have to comment on this. I typed "VLM aircraft" in to google and bingo, there it is in every search result, pictures, registrations. What do be wrong with people!!

Although I agree with you 100%, people will find it with the slightest bit of effort, I think people ask it sometimes to start a conversation and find extra information about it.

Also, the word chaps is unusual, never hear it/see it. I'm well aware of what it means though. It appears to be a masculine word doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Carnacalla wrote: »

Also, the word chaps is unusual, never hear it/see it. I'm well aware of what it means though. It appears to be a masculine word doesn't it?

Often worn by Cowboys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Although I agree with you 100%, people will find it with the slightest bit of effort, I think people ask it sometimes to start a conversation and find extra information about it.

Not sure, the assess variety are almost exclusively worn by males, but if the feminine variety in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Plane Fan

There a nice bit of advertising going on for VLM, BHX & LTN which is good to see!
    All the old FlyBe ads around the town on billboards have been replaced by eye catching VLM ones! There's a radio ad on Beat and WLR! Theres two competitions for flights that I'm aware of being run too!
    Hopefully the services will be used; as of now most of the promo fares are sold out, also the fact the CEO said bookings are great seems to be a strong start and hopefully a developing relationship with Waterford Airport!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

they call children "CHAPS" around some parts of wexford i do believe

Hiya,
    Quick one, I am Flying Luton to Dublin next week for the first time, not sue if I should book a train ticket to the airport in advance or if anyone is aware what price it would be on the day?
    Also if anyone has advice about anything special with check in or how early to get there let me know.

Hiya,
    Quick one, I am Flying Luton to Dublin next week for the first time, not sue if I should book a train ticket to the airport in advance or if anyone is aware what price it would be on the day?
    Also if anyone has advice about anything special with check in or how early to get there let me know.

Not sure how this is related to Waterford airport.
    Also, no Irish airport has a railway station.

Hiya,

Are you talking about trains here (Waterford-Dublin), if so book online you can get return fares from 25.99-29.99. Paying on the day will cost 34.50 day return or 42.05 open return.

Hey guys sorry I am a retard, I meant to say I am taking the new VLM Luton to Dublin route, I also failed to say that I am living in London now, so was referring to a train to get to Luton airport. apologise, typed it too fast.

Hey guys sorry I am a retard, I meant to say I am taking the new VLM Luton to Dublin route, I also failed to say that I am living in London now, so was referring to a train to get to Luton airport. apologise, typed it too fast.

Luton to Waterford not Dublin!!

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Luton to Waterford not Dublin!!

My God!
    Can I just crawl into a hole and pretend none of this happened. :eek:

My God!
    Can I just crawl into a hole and pretend none of this happened. :eek:

Anyway here is what Luton's website says.

http://www.london-luton.co.uk/en/content/2/1202/by-rail.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

You can book tickets online here:
    http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/planjourney/search

You may get cross-london travel included if you put in your starting station.

Shuttle bus from station to airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,455 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

delighted to see the airport getting going again. was very worried about the place for a long time. thought it was gonna go under

• Advertisement

Looks like VLM have decided to stick around, winter schedules released and some improvements such as an earlier arrival in LTN and lather afternoon departure from Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Is there any other feedback as to how things are going with the airline, busyness out there etc?

I think they'd really be making progress if they could agree a regular bus service with the likes of Rapid Express. Perhaps there aren't enough people to justify the service currently, but it's mad that they advertise bus and rail links to Waterford and nothing from there on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

hardybuck wrote: »
    Is there any other feedback as to how things are going with the airline, busyness out there etc?

I think they'd really be making progress if they could agree a regular bus service with the likes of Rapid Express. Perhaps there aren't enough people to justify the service currently, but it's mad that they advertise bus and rail links to Waterford and nothing from there on.

Taxis

Max Powers wrote: »
    Taxis

You could get a taxi to Dublin if you really wanted to!

But it's something they should look at if they haven't already. Dublin, Shannon, Cork, Knock and Kerry all have bus links.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Max Powers wrote: »
    Taxis
    Expensive

52% of seats were filled in May, June stats not out until lather or tomorrow but would expect an improvement on that.

52% of seats were filled in May, June stats not out until lather or tomorrow but would expect an improvement on that.

Yeah, I presume they'd be hoping for a good bit better than that?

Yeah, I presume they'd be hoping for a good bit better than that?

Realistically 60-70% would be the objective I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Never used Wat airport but don't the Rapid Express buses to Dublin start down in Tramore some times? Surely it wouldn't be too radical to swing them by the airport, even just a few per day?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Not a bad load factor with almost zero promotion in Airline terms beforehand!

Advertisement