Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭curmudgeonly

I heard the Easter Bunny will bear gifts this year.

Before ye say it

He heard it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

Before ye say it

He heard it too.

Do tell us more!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Before ye say it

He heard it too.

And a stopped clock is right twice a day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

This decision is well overdue now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Imo it's being drawn out deliberately, it's clear that it's a dead duck, but politically you can't say that. Drag it past the point of redemption and it's much easier to not support the airport.

• Advertisement

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Imo it's being drawn out deliberately, it's clear that it's a dead duck, but politically you can't say that. Drag it past the point of redemption and it's much easier to not support the airport.

Have you seen the report to conclude that its a dead duck?

Deiseen wrote: »
    Have you seen the report to conclude that its a dead duck?

No, but I'm sure you'll type out paragraphs justifying the airport and why it'll bring holy Mary herself to Waterford. Meanwhile, thumbs are still being twiddled, and will continue.

No, but I'm sure you'll type out paragraphs justifying the airport and why it'll bring holy Mary herself to Waterford. Meanwhile, thumbs are still being twiddled, and will continue.

Thumbs are indeed being twiddled but I'll wait for the report thats not based on personal opinion thanks.

Thumbs are indeed being twiddled but I'll wait for the report thats not based on personal opinion thanks.

It's good that my original comment wasn't directed at you so!

It's good that my original comment wasn't directed at you so!

Indeed, I just ignored you.

• Advertisement

Indeed, I just ignored you.

You're doing very well at it so far!

You're doing very well at it so far!

Sorry my bad , responded to the wrong poster!! aimed at Teebore

Sorry my bad , responded to the wrong poster!! aimed at Teebore

You said we'd hear news in Feb, we didn't.
    You said we know before St.Patricks day, we didn't.
    You're now saying we'll have news at Easter?

If you keep going eventually you'll be right I suppose..just like a stopped clock!

Maybe you need a more reliable contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

In fairness, the thing he was talking about is apparently ready, they're just not releasing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Sorry to be frank but can somebody just say what they know please? This keeping information under lock and key until an official presser is released is just tiresome at this stage. Speak up or say nothing.

dzilla wrote: »
    Sorry to be frank but can somebody just say what they know please? This keeping information under lock and key until an official presser is released is just tiresome at this stage. Speak up or say nothing.

People know f**k all about what will happen including myself. Whatever way if goes people will shout "Told you so" depending on what side of the argument they are on.

In my opinion it's totally 50/50 as to what the decision will be. But regardless of the outcome I still be believe providing the funding is the right decision. Meanwhile the wait continues.

dzilla wrote: »

If any user actually knows things, there's pretty obvious reasons why they may not be willing to post them on a public forum, don't ya think?

"Speak up or say nothing" - Gladly, people won't follow this. Silencing discussion doesn't go down well, just look at the hassle moderator's can get.

If any user actually knows things, there's pretty obvious reasons why they may not be willing to post them on a public forum, don't ya think?

"Speak up or say nothing" - Gladly, people won't follow this. Silencing discussion doesn't go down well, just look at the hassle moderator's can get.

If people know something but can't say then they shouldn't come on here alluding to the fact that they know something

If people know something but can't say then they shouldn't come on here alluding to the fact that they know something

I'll agree to an extent, saying "I know but I'm not telling you" is very annoying, and perhaps even trolling, but giving some information out is a different scenario.

However, picking significant dates and going *Before this date* looks like a cop-out, without these deadlines being constantly missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Bang on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

If it was good news the FG Party and Halligan would be all over this. The fact that the report has been issued for several weeks now does not bode well.

Local elections are nigh and in my opinion this report will be shelved until after that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭914

Unless the report is in favour and government are against funding waterford due to pressure from cork, while also knowing funding waterford will result in other airports pressuring governments for funding.

Thats just another spin on it. Unless anyone saw the report then no one is the wiser.

Head in the sand until the inevitable is confirmed? Not the best tactic!

Good or bad we will have an answer soon, you'd swear there was an election due.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

It must be good news if its delayed until after May elections it will be bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭invara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

invara wrote: »

Encouraging support from Eoghan Murphy all the same. Could it be possible that there are politicians who actually read and believe in National Development Plans?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

Deise Vu wrote: »
    invara wrote: »

Encouraging support from Eoghan Murphy all the same. Could it be possible that there are politicians who actually read and believe in National Development Plans?
    ... And FG can say they supported the Airport but it was the Independent TD Shane Ross That blocked it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭ExoPolitic

https://waterford-news.ie/2019/04/10/murphy-backs-airport-bid/?fbclid=IwAR2DoobZUZuztSt4m9XdN_0C6qCsPc9y5R6OoNvgEsKngkE2M_Hlti-Ii30#.XK4S3dVzL-k.facebook

Looking in there it seems that the report is of a negative view to extending the runway; "the Ernst & Young economic report, which was undertaken in response to the airport’s funding and is understood to be less than complimentary of Waterford and the wider South East region."

Advertisement