Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wellington

• 02-11-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I arrived in Wellington recently and have found accom. Just searching for work now :-)

I'm starting to get my bearings but Just wondering if anyone who lives here already can give me some insight in to recommended bars? Recommended places to eat? Any other good job sites other than seek or trademe?

Cheers folks :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

www.dineout.co.nz and www.wotzon.com have restaurant reviews and events/bar/gig guides etc.

What kind of food do you like? Its hard recommend in general but my personal faves are Great India, Scopia, Sweet Mothers Kitchen, Green Dragon, Satay Palace, Rasa, Lone Star...god many more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

pclancy wrote: »
    Sweet Mothers Kitchen

I was in here recently...full of hipsters, but man-the food is fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

www.dineout.co.nz and www.wotzon.com have restaurant reviews and events/bar/gig guides etc.

What kind of food do you like? Its hard recommend in general but my personal faves are Great India, Scopia, Sweet Mothers Kitchen, Green Dragon, Satay Palace, Rasa, Lone Star...god many more

Thanks pclancy! :)

I have passed a number of these and heard about a number of them so I will be trying them out. Scopa is only down the road and always busy so that is on the hit list. Some friends in Auckland recommended Sweet Mothers kitchen so I'll definately be trying that out. Not too fussed with Indian food. Not a fan. Thanks for the website links as well.

I see you are in Wellington yourself. Any good places to actually meet people. Myself and the missus are here and feel a bit billy no mates ;) We've been out and about already and a few of the bars are pretty good craic especially around Courtenay Place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

When I first got here I met a few other Irish at Mollies and the Irish Society down on Cambridge Terrace, kiwi friends have mostly come from either work, through friends of friends at parties or meetup.com events which are great to meet people. Adventure Wellington in particular are a Meetup.com group that run loads of activities such as kayaking, sailing, running etc and organise regular drinks at the southern cross and dinner etc. Its free to join and turn up to, I've met loads of cool people through there.

PM me you're phone number and I'd be happy meet for a pint or dinner if you feel like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭the_big_kahuna

When I first got here I met a few other Irish at Mollies and the Irish Society down on Cambridge Terrace, kiwi friends have mostly come from either work, through friends of friends at parties or meetup.com events which are great to meet people. Adventure Wellington in particular are a Meetup.com group that run loads of activities such as kayaking, sailing, running etc and organise regular drinks at the southern cross and dinner etc. Its free to join and turn up to, I've met loads of cool people through there.

PM me you're phone number and I'd be happy meet for a pint or dinner if you feel like it.

Cheers for letting me know about all these. I had stumbled across meetup before but never looked in to it. My girlfriend was sussing out the Irish society but it didn't really seem appealing - mollys is better ;-)

Cheers for the offer of meeting up man, but sure we'll see you at Lyall Bay on Sunday for the sand castles attempt. We are gonna head down. Should be a good laugh! :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement