Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paris log

Options
  • 02-11-2012 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sup guys, just letting you all know we arrived safe and sound in paris :)
    Unfortunately we are one person short as Eff was unable to make it.

Its been pretty smooth so far, we are gonna head down to the venue soon enough and then some of us might check out the the arcade street ranking battle tonight for 3rd strike.

later

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Good luck lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Wreck em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Eff champ :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

What happened with eff?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

What happens to the money spent on eff's flights hotel, etc?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

D4RK ONION wrote: »

I hope eff can contact Ayjay asap in case refunds could be claimed for accomodation etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I hope eff can contact Ayjay asap in case refunds could be claimed for accomodation etc.

Forget about all that bollocks for the moment.

Is Eff okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

What happened with eff?
    FutureGuy wrote: »

Called me last night at 11.30pm. Refunds impossible with cancellation policy for hotel. Too short notice.

...and Ryanair give a refund with 7 hours notice - your 'avin a laff.

I am not 100% on why but he did sound upset and I got the impression it was unexpected to be fair.

Money was lost. :(

@Chunkis - please tell Kuramu Thengu - I'll msg him anyway but it would be better if someone spoke to him in person pls. I would suggest that Ladno takes his place over there so that we dont leave an obvious gap. I know its not ideal and we would have been better to send the next person but it was just impossible given the notice.

@the_rest_of_the_scrubs_with_you - beast them all and rep us well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Is Eff okay?

Jesus chopper, that goes without saying ffs.

I think he is ok, but something has happened. I couldn't really make out what he was saying cause the connection was terrible.

Nothing we can do now anyway.

On a slightly related not, Ladno turns 18 over there. One of ye buy him a drink.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Lets go Italian Sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Good luck!

ayjayirl wrote: »
    I think he is ok, but something has happened. I couldn't really make out what he was saying cause the connection was terrible.

Nothing we can do now anyway.

On a slightly related not, Ladno turns 18 over there. One of ye buy him a drink.

Really Irish, go to a country where you can drink from 16 for your 18th and get a drink bought for you because you're now legal somewhere else. lol

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Is Eff okay?

No need for that Chopper, as Futureguy said you know well that goes without saying.

It's none of my business as to why he couldn't go, but it's in all of our interest to know what happened to the money.

Really Irish, go to a country where you can drink from 16 for your 18th and get a drink bought for you because you're now legal somewhere else. lol

buying the Russian a drink in Paris. Real Irish ;)

Get Cog to do it. He's not really Irish anyway :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Can't let Cobelcog near the drink....you know what happened to him last time when they annouced the Cammy nerfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭koko_PoPs

is street fighter over already, where did the irish lads place?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

koko_PoPs wrote: »
    is street fighter over already, where did the irish lads place?

sf4 is tomorrow. 11-6 our time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

@Chunkis - please tell Kuramu Thengu - I'll msg him anyway but it would be better if someone spoke to him in person pls. I would suggest that Ladno takes his place over there so that we dont leave an obvious gap. I know its not ideal and we would have been better to send the next person but it was just impossible given the notice.

Pretty sure Ladno was next in line for SFxT anyway IIRC, so it would work out anyway.

Still, sucks for Spiderflies. Poor guy, hope he is OK. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7 glitchpod

No need for that Chopper, as Futureguy said you know well that goes without saying.

It's none of my business as to why he couldn't go, but it's in all of our interest to know what happened to the money.

How does it go without saying? You've mentioned the money twice now, so no need to pretend. In any case back to topic and best of luck to the ladz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Right, long post incoming.

First of all, I got bodied in TTT2. The top standard in Europe makes Ireland look like a joke. This has been an eye opener for me for both the Irish community and the game itself.

I'll do a breakdown of the matches I played and results.

Vs LawOfNorway: The guy played a solid Law but he did lots and lots of unsafe stuff, in my heart I feel this is the only one I truly deserved to win. Score 2-0 (3,2 3,2).

Vs Kaiper : Armour King/Heihachi. This guy wasn't great at all but I didn't know how to deal with stuff. For the most part it felt like I was working twice as hard for half the damage. Score 2-0 (3,1 3,1)

Vs Starscream: UKs top dog. He figured me out really quickly and outpoked me with Jin/Hwo. Most of the time I struggled to get a poke. Score 2-0 (3,1 3,1 I think? Don't remember.)

Vs Nin: What can I say really? I TOOK A ROUND OFF HIM! Score (3,1 3,0)

In conclusion I feel like if we really want to be counted anywhere near as good as these guys, we need to travel to these tournaments more.
    Besides that, AFAIK the lads are still in sf, Ladno in winners and Stevo in losers.
    Also Chunkis took 4th in HDR.

Also Paris is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Good stuff Kuro.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Congrats on getting a round against NIN man! :thumbu:

Starscreams a fantastic Hwo player!
    Fair play to you for getting a few rounds against him.

We (the tekken community) need to travel to england more. As a group.
    Not only would that improve our game, but we'd get our name out in the british scene which would hopefully encourage more of them to come over to play us too, and thereby improve the standard.

Try to grab an autograph or two for me yeah!? :)
    Particularly knee's! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

That's just our luck, stevo and ladno had to play each other :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

animaX wrote: »
    That's just our luck, stevo and ladno had to play each other :rolleyes:

Fix! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭koko_PoPs

much respect to the irish lads on their performance in the tournament! but some advice from me if you wanna make it to losers final pick T-HAWK :P

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

Kuro man Aaron was back at casuals this week, if you start coming and playing regularly enough that'll be two more players already! He uses Hei and could've prepared you a bit for that matchup.

Anyhow well done for holding your own against Europes best! And RIP lost 10-0 against Nin so I echo my friend Steve in saying well done for that round. I still believe he's better than Knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MelficeVKM

Chris making SFXT hype, doin so well! Lets go Cobelcog!!

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Is Eff okay?
    glitchpod wrote: »
    How does it go without saying? You've mentioned the money twice now, so no need to pretend. In any case back to topic and best of luck to the ladz

ffs lads, lay off the drama.

Onion and FutureGuy aren't even entitled to any of the money, how could you possibly assume that the money is more important to them than Effs well being?

Onion >> robber_clipart_4.gif

• Advertisement

On that note, lets move on, I don't think anyone seriously thinks Onion or FG are meanies. Let it drop and back to SF25 talk please.

Advertisement