Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4all

Options
  • 02-11-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭

I have a oone4all card which seems to have gone out of date, the number is coming up unrecognised on their website. So is the money just gone? Does anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

If it has expired, then yes, it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

So it's like theft then?

No, it's nothing like theft. It's like buying an ice-cream and not eating it before it melts and drips away. :D

It's not their fault you didn't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,551 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No, It's under the terms and conditions and marked on the voucher. Lesson learnt to use them as soon as you get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Mitch epitag

You can get those one4all cards and vouchers reissued for a fee of about €10. Phone them 01 8708100

• Advertisement

Paulw wrote: »
    No, it's nothing like theft. It's like buying an ice-cream and not eating it before it melts and drips away. :D

It's not their fault you didn't use it.

Don't usually read the T&C on gifts I get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

One4All Vouchers are exactly like cash except:

a) they can be used in less places
    b) expire rapidly
    c) they cost more than cash (e.g. 106 or so 100 voucher)
    d) take longer to process at the till

So, basically, they're bollix. Mind boggles how they're still in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

One4All Vouchers are exactly like cash except:

a) they can be used in less places
    b) expire rapidly
    c) they cost more than cash (e.g. 106 or so 100 voucher)
    d) take longer to process at the till

Because people buy vouchers for people since it feels like they put in more effort than just giving them cash :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Because people mugs buy vouchers for people since it feels like they put in more effort than just giving them cash

fixed your post :pac:

There's only one one4all vouchers in my book and they're the ones issued by the central european bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posters - stick to the topic. No need to drag this off-topic.

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Mellio

On there website it does say you can get a replacement card but there is also an admin fee for doing that but I dont think its much.Call them Im pretty sure you can still obtain the cash from it just not with that card but a replacment one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The voucher is not gone!!!!

We had a voucher that was 3 months out of date and one for all re-issued it for €5 admin charge so I got €95 back on a €100 voucher, I was delighted!!

Call them up and they will sort it for you.

madalig12 wrote: »

It's not their fault that you don't read the T&C.

So, see what they can do, pay your admin fee and use the voucher quickly next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

madalig12 wrote: »

So that makes them thieves ?

What is it with everyones attitude on here. All I see is people taking every opportunity to try and belittle others lately.The OP has been advised by myself and a couple of others that they should contact one4all as the funds on the card are still available to obtain even though the card is expired.perhaps if they were not told the money is gone or did you read the T&C and perhaps advised them to check out the website or call them would be a more mannerly thing to do.And I got an infraction for defending myself a couple of days ago.

Mellio wrote: »
    perhaps if they were not told the money is gone or did you read the T&C and perhaps advised them to check out the website or call them would be a more mannerly thing to do.And I got an infraction for defending myself a couple of days ago.

Maybe the OP should have read the T&C and/or checked the one4all website before posting, then the OP wouldn't have needed to post at all. :D

With most vouchers, once they expire, they are gone. But, seems that One4all allow you to extend the expiration, after an admin fee is paid.

I get what your saying , I do feel sometimes people should just check for themselves as it would take longer to discuss this on a forum but I think sometimes people need a bit of re-assurance first.I also reviewed the T&C and its not very clear there how expired cards are dealt but found it in there FAQ's about card replacement.someone else also confirmed that they had been able to do that before so the OP will feel a bit better that they can access there money still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Mellio wrote: »
    I get what your saying , I do feel sometimes people should just check for themselves as it would take longer to discuss this on a forum but I think sometimes people need a bit of re-assurance first.I also reviewed the T&C and its not very clear there how expired cards are dealt but found it in there FAQ's about card replacement.someone else also confirmed that they had been able to do that before so the OP will feel a bit better that they can access there money still.

Thats fair comment, but to suggest they are thieves is an incredibly stupid post.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Lots of companies use them for bonus payments.
    Save almost 63% on Employee Benefit
    Under the Revenue Commissioners’ "Small Benefit Exemption" scheme, employers can provide employees with a non cash benefit up to the value of €250 once every Tax year. This is exempt from Income Tax, Universal Social Charge (USC) and employee & employer’s PRSI. The One4all Gift Card or Gift Voucher is an ideal way of using the Small Benefit Exemption to reward employees Tax free. A One4all Gift Card or Gift Voucher can be Tax free under the Small Benefit Exemption even if the employee is receiving other Taxable benefits. (This benefit does not apply to cash or cheques or where there is an entitlement to remuneration). The Revenue Commissioners do not require you to make a return in relation to this benefit but only one qualifying benefit can be made each year

http://one4allrewards.ie/rewards/BIK.htm

Paulw wrote: »
    Maybe the OP should have read the T&C and/or checked the one4all website before posting, then the OP wouldn't have needed to post at all. :D

With most vouchers, once they expire, they are gone. But, seems that One4all allow you to extend the expiration, after an admin fee is paid.

See Mellio's nice responce, I couldn't find anything about expired cards on the website...Thanks Mellio

• Advertisement
Advertisement