Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painting over patch repair. Primer?

• 02-11-2012 1:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hey,

Thanks to all the helpful tips in another thread I have repaired the hole in the drywall. Now all i need to do is paint over this small patch and i have the following queries:

1. Do i need to use a primer for such a small area?

2. If so, does the colour of the primer matter?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Hey,

Thanks to all the helpful tips in another thread I have repaired the hole in the drywall. Now all i need to do is paint over this small patch and i have the following queries:

1. Do i need to use a primer for such a small area?

2. If so, does the colour of the primer matter?

Thanks

Samll bit of diluted/watered down white paint painted over it.OR just use the paint coliour of the wall and dilute it down by around 20%,just make sure that the paintyou use is water based.

This will prime/seal the filler.

Leave to dry in for a good few hours.

Ready for the next coat of what ever finish colour you are painting on the wall.:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭A fella called fish

Great, thanks Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

It has to be matt finish paint for priming!

Advertisement