Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compression Shorts

• 02-11-2012 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi everyone. I've been trying to find a pair of compression shorts - not the Canterbury or Nike type 'bicycle shorts' (!), but the thick, heavy fabric ones. Need a high quality pair for my hamstrings but can't seem to find them anywhere!Any suggestions would be really welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

skins?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Not cheap, but their range of products seem to be pretty good: CompressSport ForQuad. Designed for Quads, but I'm sure they provide compression and repair for hamstrings at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

I've just ordered a pair of these lads -2XU Perform - Men's Elite Compression Shorts - but I have a right dilemma. I got em sent to the in-laws in Spain as we were going to visit for mid-term. In the end we couldn't go. The shorts are now there and I'll be arriving the day before the Valencia marathon never having worn them. Would I be mad to wear them for the race? Thing is, I did my third marathon 3 weeks ago and the hamstrings got as tight as a badger's ar$e. Just this side of cramping. Now seem to have recovered fairly well.

I'll get back to the OP once I've broken my pair in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Google CW-X I've a pair I bought 2 years ago and pull them out every time my quads or hammers are feeling a bit ropey, expensive but worth it in my opinion.

Itziger wrote: »
    I've just ordered a pair of these lads -2XU Perform - Men's Elite Compression Shorts - but I have a right dilemma. I got em sent to the in-laws in Spain as we were going to visit for mid-term. In the end we couldn't go. The shorts are now there and I'll be arriving the day before the Valencia marathon never having worn them. Would I be mad to wear them for the race? Thing is, I did my third marathon 3 weeks ago and the hamstrings got as tight as a badger's ar$e. Just this side of cramping. Now seem to have recovered fairly well.

I'll get back to the OP once I've broken my pair in.
    get ur inlaws to break dem in.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

ultraman1 wrote: »
    get ur inlaws to break dem in.....

Yeah, he's 84 and she's 81. I couldn't even ask them to send the bloody things on here by post.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭ray lanigan

i have a few pairs of compree sport compression calf gaurds,there the best things i ever wore,than i bought a pair for my hamstrings,quad gaurds there called,cost me 70euro and they keep falling of my quads,think i might soe them to my running shorts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

i have a few pairs of compree sport compression calf gaurds,there the best things i ever wore,than i bought a pair for my hamstrings,quad gaurds there called,cost me 70euro and they keep falling of my quads,think i might soe them to my running shorts
    I was thinking of getting a pair of the Compressport forQuad. Are the sizes incorrect on them or did you not measure your quads before you ordered?

I was thinking of getting a pair of the Compressport forQuad. Are the sizes incorrect on them or did you not measure your quads before you ordered?
    i measured my quads and they fit lovely,but when i start to run they just end up over my knee:mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

i measured my quads and they fit lovely,but when i start to run they just end up over my knee:mad:.

The silicon grippers should hold them up for you. If necessary / possible pull them up a little higher so the silicon sits on the thicker part of the upper thigh.

If you sew them to the shorts it'll drive you cracked as the shorts will move but the ForQuads will just keep tugging at the shorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Been using skins for the last couple of years without a problem and have a new pair of the thermal ones now which seem to be the business.

http://53degreesnorth.ie/catalogsearch/result/?q=skins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

What size and color are they? Would you be interested in selling them?

What size and color are they? Would you be interested in selling them?

yep no bother,there black and the size are T2:)

if u wash comp gear at the wrong temp they stretch,,,blame ur missus

ultraman1 wrote: »
    if u wash comp gear at the wrong temp they stretch,,,blame ur missus
    i only ever wore them for about 2 miles of running and they slipped down so she hasnt got her hands on them yet,there black so she cant do any damage with the colour:D,she always turns me whites dark and me darks white:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭jfh

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Any recos on a good brand to provide some protection and accelerated recovery from my hip flexor injury?

hi beepbeep67, how did you get on with your search for compression shorts, i'm in the same boat now, hip flexor giving me hassle, are the shorts a help?

jfh wrote: »
    hi beepbeep67, how did you get on with your search for compression shorts, i'm in the same boat now, hip flexor giving me hassle, are the shorts a help?

Blast from the past, painful memories.
    As above in this post I went for the CWX pro shorts, worked a treat and still thrown them on if I feel a few niggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭jfh

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Blast from the past, painful memories.
    As above in this post I went for the CWX pro shorts, worked a treat and still thrown them on if I feel a few niggles.
    yeah i'm willing to try anything, well almost, i wouldn't be too keen on running with full length tights yet. i thought they were short.
    i've been doing streches to try to alleviate the problem, so was just wondering if the shorts helped.

jfh wrote: »
    yeah i'm willing to try anything, well almost, i wouldn't be too keen on running with full length tights yet. i thought they were short.
    i've been doing streches to try to alleviate the problem, so was just wondering if the shorts helped.

Just click along the products there are 2 short options - it's the pro shorts that I have

CWX Shorts 50% off on Wiggle: http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cwx-pro-shorts-aw12/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Would recommend skins 400 if u want something thick. I find the skins A200 very comfy though. Hold up well after lots of washing too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

miller82 wrote: »
    anyone had both of these and have any views ? :

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cwx-pro-shorts-aw12/

http://53degreesnorth.ie/skins-men-s-a200-compression-half-tights-11739.html[/QUOTE]

Yeah I use both. For training (especially for speedwork)I use the CX-X shorts. I've tried a fair few brands of compression shorts and these provide the best compression by far, they give a lot of support.
    For racing I use the skins. They're lighter than the CW-X shorts and the compression, to be honest, isn't great. But personally that suits me fine. I hate traditional running shorts as I find them to be uncomfortable, with the material flapping all over the shop when its windy(which is most of the time). But like I said, CW-X for training and skins for racing.

Advertisement