Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kettlebell sports competition

Options
  • 02-11-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey everyone,Just looking for opinions from anyone that has experience of being at kettlebell competitions.I'm taking part in a beginners 5 minute competition in the next few weeks and will be doing the jerk and the long cycle. So its 2 and half mins on each hand for each event. I'll be doing each event with a 12 kg bell. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what the typical no./prettty good no. of reps would be for a 5 minute event for the jerk? And same for long cycle? All for a woman lifting a 12 kg bell.I was training last night and did 106 reps of the jerk in 5 mins. I think this is pretty good but as its my first competition, I have absolutely no idea what I should be aiming for!! Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

UnaB1 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,Just looking for opinions from anyone that has experience of being at kettlebell competitions.I'm taking part in a beginners 5 minute competition in the next few weeks and will be doing the jerk and the long cycle. So its 2 and half mins on each hand for each event. I'll be doing each event with a 12 kg bell. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what the typical no./prettty good no. of reps would be for a 5 minute event for the jerk? And same for long cycle? All for a woman lifting a 12 kg bell.I was training last night and did 106 reps of the jerk in 5 mins. I think this is pretty good but as its my first competition, I have absolutely no idea what I should be aiming for!! Thanks!!

If it's your first competition just familiarise yourself with the competition rules, do what you can and enjoy yourself, don't mind anyone else! You can worry about improving at subsequent comps, just pick your RPM and try to stick with it for the 5mins. Do you have a coach?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 UnaB1

Yeah, I have a coach who is really good with teaching technique. Even though its my first competition, I want to do as well as I can. Do you have any idea what a standard no. of reps for this weight would be in 5 mins for a woman? I know you say ignore everyone else, but I want a target to aim for at the same time! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Just had a look at the national KB champs results on the kilkenny KB page here:

http://www.kilkennykettlebellclub.com/Past-Upcoming-Events.html

These are over 10mins, 100 odd reps seems to be pretty good for the jerk over 5mins with the 12. What are your long cycle numbers like?

Advertisement