Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfinished house - professional documents

Options
  • 02-11-2012 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking at a detached house in a small development which is unfinished just kitchen/plumbing/Tiling/Paints what I can see from the pictures. It is 4 years old and never been lived in and is sold as seen by a developer gone bust lately and being sold. Looking for advice regarding what professional documents I should request from the auctioneer before I view it to establish building regulations or liens on it. I also intend to bring a structural engineer with me to access it. The house appears to be sealed well from the elements but has damp patches on the outside. Any advice appreciated. I have attached a view pictures .
    Overall Floor Area: 155 Sq. Metres

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,129 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The obvious things are planning permission and any certs of compliance with the pp and building regs. But the auctioneer wont necessarily have these so if you intend purchasing your solicitor will advise on these matters together with getting a planning search carried out, boundary check, outstanding finances/charges etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bombadil

Hi Lotsum

Having just purchased a similar property I can advise you will require the following:

1.Notice of Commencement - available at County Council planning office

2.Receipt of development charges and bond paid a.k.a financial complaince letter) - also County Council planning office

3.Planning Permission - available online or at local Public Service Centre

4.Certificates of Compliance - from original architect statingthat build conforms to building regulations and build was supervised (find name on planning permission maps and elevations)

5.Land Registry compliant map of the site (for 1st owner registration purposes) - again probably from original architect

You are also doing the wise thing in having a structural engineer look at the build. I would also suggest having a boundary survey carried out to ensure that the land fenced actually belongs to the property.

As muffler correctly points out the estate agent may not have the above documents however they will be required by your solicitor and lender. The difficulty of purchasing such a property is that the developer may not be involved in the sale and as such may not be willing/ interested in providing the required documentation. Be prepared to source these documents yourself if the sale is to proceed (which is not all that difficult once you know where to look!)

All the best with your purchase should you decide to proceed!..

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭lotusm

Hi... thanks for the info... much apprciated:)

Advertisement