Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Music Hub - Android,iOS

Options
  • 02-11-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,
    Can you tell if and when there will be Andriod/iOS apps for the Eircom Music Hub?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭eircom: Linda

swampyk08 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Can you tell when if and when there will be Andriod/iOS apps for the Eircom Music Hub?

Thanks.

Hi swampyk08

Currently there is a trial in place for the eircom Music Hub app so hopefully we'll have an announcement soon.

Regards
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

It's being trialled? I remember being promised faithfully that I would be included in beta testing... for shame Linda... for shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

gerryk wrote: »
    It's being trialled? I remember being promised faithfully that I would be included in beta testing... for shame Linda... for shame.

Hi gerryk
    Not sure about "promised faithfully" gerryk, but I can confirm that there are a few people promised that we would try to get this for them. There were delays with release of testing platform, and we have only received our own test version yesterday.. Request is still in for the original posters we contacted about this.
    Will know by Tuesday next week.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

Sounds good any idea of a public release date?

Hi gerryk
    Not sure about "promised faithfully" gerryk, but I can confirm that there are a few people promised that we would try to get this for them. There were delays with release of testing platform, and we have only received our own test version yesterday.. Request is still in for the original posters we contacted about this.
    Will know by Tuesday next week.
    Tony

Cheers Tony. I can confirm that I have a wide range of devices in varying configurations on which I can test this.

iPhone 5/IOS6
    iPhone 3G/IOS5
    HTC One X/Cyanogenmod 10
    Galaxy S3/Jellybean
    iPad2/IOS5
    Transformer Infinity/Jellybean
    SE Xperia/GingerXperia8
    McPad F1/Icecream Sandwich
    Logitech Revue/Gingerbread

Holy sh!t... when actually listed out, that's a ridiculous number of devices

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Cheers Tony. I can confirm that I have a wide range of devices in varying configurations on which I can test this.

iPhone 5/IOS6
    iPhone 3G/IOS5
    HTC One X/Cyanogenmod 10
    Galaxy S3/Jellybean
    iPad2/IOS5
    Transformer Infinity/Jellybean
    SE Xperia/GingerXperia8
    McPad F1/Icecream Sandwich
    Logitech Revue/Gingerbread

Holy sh!t... when actually listed out, that's a ridiculous number of devices

I'm not sure I envy you.... or think your nuts :D
    But you sure make a good case.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Awesome app, I work in eircom, I'm testing it at the moment (:

JosDel wrote: »
    Awesome app, I work in eircom, I'm testing it at the moment (:

Can you give some details, or are you bound by some sort of NDA?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

My lips are sealed Gerry. Sorry ):

Not even answer a few questions? Like how is streaming over mobile data? Does it have gapless/crossfaded playback? Does it have a 'artists like X' feature?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭swampyk08

Any update on a release date for these apps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi swampyk08

Unfortunately there has been no further update or news on this yet.

Regards

Al

Hi swampyk08

Unfortunately there has been no further update or news on this yet.

Regards

Al

Unfortunately, guys, you have really missed the boat on this one, at least where I'm concerned. I have my personal collection uploaded to Google Music, and have Spotify for everything else. I don't see what Eircom can deliver at this stage that would get my interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Unfortunately, guys, you have really missed the boat on this one, at least where I'm concerned. I have my personal collection uploaded to Google Music, and have Spotify for everything else. I don't see what Eircom can deliver at this stage that would get my interest.

Hi gerryk

I can understand where your coming from, we were hopeful the app would be available for the start of this year, however we do not want to release the app until we were sure the platform functionality was working seamlessly.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

I can understand where your coming from, we were hopeful the app would be available for the start of this year, however we do not want to release the app until we were sure the platform functionality was working seamlessly.
    The apps (Android and iOS) were announced over two years ago and were supposed to be delivered in 2011. I think gerryk is right on this, you've missed the boat, and the longer you wait to launch the fewer customers will remain.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

I've gone to Spotify because I was tired of waiting. Very happy with their service, it would take a lot to entice me back.

Advertisement