Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cctv kit

Options
  • 02-11-2012 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

What would be recommended for a camera kit that can be recorded and viewed remotely. The camera would be outdoors and cover a drive way.

I'm new to this sort of thing. My budget is €200

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

have a look at cctvdirect but you will need to up your budget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

I wouldn't recommend CCTV direct as I still can't get my faulty camera exchanged and have had no reply to my recent emails .
    The kit is great but their after care isn't .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

nada123 wrote: »
    What would be recommended for a camera kit that can be recorded and viewed remotely. The camera would be outdoors and cover a drive way.

I'm new to this sort of thing. My budget is €200

Thanks in advance.

You might get a decent enough camera for that with perhaps a power supply, but a DVR? If its a self install I think you would really want to budget around double your figure.

No point doing it on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 C.TECH

There are Ir Ip cameras with sd cards, some are very reasonably priced. Call a few suppliers, tell them your budget and what you're after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Heres what you need..
    http://www.c2max.com/

I think they retail around €199 from IC Realtime Ltd in Dublin 12

There is an app so you can view you cameras on your iphone anywhere.
    http://www.icrealtime.com/support/supporthtnshow.asp?noteid=K96136&gid=ICRSS

• Advertisement

Swapping out SD cards on the IC Realtime cameras, the bullets in particular can be a bit of work

Thats only the HD-IP bullets (ICIP-3000B-IR)
    The cameras in this kit dont have that problem (No SD cards)

OK, I was thinking of the 2MP dahua bullet, not sure what IC Realtime rebadge it as

• Registered Users Posts: 39 C.TECH

420tvl??

no thanks

Not gonna get much better on a shoestring budget of €200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

7ofBrian wrote: »
    I think they retail around €199 from IC Realtime Ltd in Dublin 12

Do IC Realtime sell direct? Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Like most they probably will.

yes. they are part of the Electroplus Group and sell from the electroplus trade counter. 12 knockmitten lane, western industrial estate, dublin 12. (ph 4268200)
    If you are calling, ask for andy palmer and tell him Brian, the old production supervisor sent ya. He'll sort you out.

Advertisement