Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston New York Washington

Options
  • 02-11-2012 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

Hi all looking to do this trip in June of next year not necessarily in the above order. So where is best place to book flights, ideally like to fly from Ireland but no problem from Europe if cheaper.

What flexibility is there? for example can I book to fly in to Boston & out of DC or vice versa. Is it more expensive to do this?

Can anyone recommend decent hotels and which way is best way to book.
    Should I book flights & hotels as a package?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Boston is usually a rip off to fly back and forth from Ireland due to Aer Lingus having a monopoly on the flights.

I presume NYC is your best bet as they're are so many options into the city from Ireland and Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭cup of tea

You can get on a nice spacious air conned bus ride from NYC to Boston with megabus for peanuts, takes about 4hrs.Typed in the 2nd of December and it was charging 10 dollars.Have taken it before,no complaints.Beats paying through the roof for a flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭pavb2

Hazys wrote: »
    Boston is usually a rip off to fly back and forth from Ireland due to Aer Lingus having a monopoly on the flights.

I presume NYC is your best bet as they're are so many options into the city from Ireland and Europe.
    That's what I'm finding was hoping not to back track but maybe NYC is best option.Would it be be cheaper flying from outside Ireland London Paris etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

pavb2 wrote: »
    That's what I'm finding was hoping not to back track but maybe NYC is best option.Would it be be cheaper flying from outside Ireland London Paris etc?

Ya unfortunately thats the case with Boston...my flights home for Xmas were a ripoff and i bought them 5 months in advance.

Like a cup of tea said loads of bus back and forth from Boston to NYC. 4/5 hours each way and very cheap if bought in advance. Try Bolt Bus, Greyhound bus also...be wary of the Chinatown buses tho, very cheap but not always guaranteed to get you to you location.

Yes its actually cheaper to fly to Boston with stops if you avoid Aer Lingus direct.

Advertisement