Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a financial advisor to set up pension

Options
  • 02-11-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend a financial advisor in the dublin area that could set up a private pension for me. I work for a large uk company that has its own pension but can not get onto it as i work and reside in ireland. They will match whatever they guys in the uk get but its up to me to set it up. If anyone has any companies they would recommend could the PM me. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bigeoghanmct

Hi,

My name is Eoghan and I am currently operating as a financial advisor in the North East region. It would be a pleasure to sit down and discuss your retirement needs and options if someone hasnt already been with you,

You can give me a call if interested on 087-6195251

Regards,
    Eoghan

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Get proper advice. Ideally from a fee charging Authorised Advisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Get proper advice. Ideally from a fee charging Authorised Advisor.

+1 on this.

Try to get one that deals specifically in Pensions though. Many Authorised Advisors are 'jack of all trades', and whilst some are good when it comes to Pensions, many will only have a good generic overview.

By paying for advice you should get an unbiased view. While you do have to shell out at the start, it will ultimately allow a better long term return on your fund as, generally, no commission is paid. (commission will increases the overall charges on the policy). It would also be worth asking the Advisor's charging structure....some will take a fee AND a commission!!!

Advertisement