Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KC Lunch Time on Today FM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Can't believe he's been replaced by Louise Duffy. Her shows are total fluff. I'll give her a chance but I can see myself switching off fairly quickly.

All the best KC. A slow start but you grew on me

• Registered Users Posts: 39,792 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wished him luck on twitter and also welcome home KC.

HooohRaaah wrote: »
    KC's last show today. Fair play to you. Really enjoyed listening to you and best of look in Cork.
    Hopefully Louise Galvin does well with the new move too

Louise galvin ? I know she is going out with Paul galvin but did they get married ?

They got engaged last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Last show just kicked off and it reminded me of listening too KC's first show when he jumped too Today FM a few years back at night and he had this big massive intro with Peter Dickinson (X factor guy) voicing it for him! Thought he might kick the show off with something similar!

When foley left everyone was guessing what his last song would be and we all thought wrongly it would be journey don't stop Beliveing. He played Calvin Harris , We'll be coming back. Wonder what KC will finish up with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Shammer16

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Last show just kicked off and it reminded me of listening too KC's first show when he jumped too Today FM a few years back at night and he had this big massive intro with Peter Dickinson (X factor guy) voicing it for him! Thought he might kick the show off with something similar!
    ?

The legend that is Juliette Gash said "Today FM news we'll have more in the national lunchtime news at 12:45 but now its time for the last KC show" If that counts?

Shammer16 wrote: »
    The legend that is Juliet Gash said "Today FM new we'll have more in the national lunchtime news at 12:45 but now its time for the last KC show" If that counts?
    I heard that but.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

Hopefully the crew give him a good farewell. I doubt D'Arcy would even say goodbye to him

I doubt D'Arcy would even say goodbye to him

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Fair play to KC for choosing family over his high profile job. Gotta respect a man for that. But Louise Duffy is a head-wreck. Can barely stand her talking to Ian Dempsey in the mornings for a few moments, never mind listening to her for the whole lunchtime slot!!

• Advertisement

Seems like a crazy appointment. They'll lose a heap of listeners

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭HooohRaaah

The change over from Louise Galvin to Tony will be great. Tony will be in full on creep mode

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

The change over from Louise Galvin to Tony will be great. Tony will be in full on creep mode

Imagine what Phil Cawley would be like! :pac:

Very low key send off. Can't see my self listening too Louise. Dunno what I'll listen too at 12. Maybe Nicky & Jenny ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

He seemed to want to keep it low key. I'd have expected Lenny, Ann, Nordy, maybe a visit from Adelle? Usually the TodayFM staff come in for the last minute with a cake or whatever too. I reckon he asked to keep it low-key. He got a watch and a framed disc going by his pics on twitter.

I'll definitely miss him at lunchtime. As gutted as I was when Foley left I knew KC coming in would soften the blow. No such guarantee with Louise, but I'll keep her on and give her a chance anyway. KC mentioned yesterday that Lenny was off somewhere preparing something for Mondays show, so I'd assume he'll play some part in the new lunchtime show.

Hopefully the crew give him a good farewell. I doubt D'Arcy would even say goodbye to him

Darcy actually said he'd miss KC and our(today fm) loss is someone else's gain so yes ray darcy did say goodbye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Someone in Today FM has not thought this one through, it will be very interesting to see JNLR figures later in the year for this slot. Although I do wish her well I fear she may act as a listener repellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it sort of sounded like KC was battling back emotions during the last half hour of the show. Sounded on the verge of tears to me. Very low key exit, was expecting Louise to come in at 2:29 the same way KC did for Foley.

I never really had a chance to listen to KC up until January of this year. Sure I'd dip in and out from time to up to that, but I've been listening every day since January and I have to say, I'm really going to miss him. I thought he was a brilliant replacement for Foley. Different, but brilliant. I'm really glad I got to enjoy it a bit more before the show ended. He's one of those DJ's that sounds like such a genuinely sound guy. I really wish him all the best back at RED. I'll definitely be tuning in to him whenever I'm back home, and christ knows RED needs saving at this stage...

On Louise, I think she needs to be given a chance. Give her time to put her stamp on the show, try not to pre-judge her based on her morning show and fill-in work, as difficult as that may be. People probably said it was bonkers to give Foley a slot like that back in the day. He'd probably been in Today FM for around the same amount of time as Louise when he got the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Read in an interview a while ago, he has to pick his dream family over his dream job...so sweet! what was the last song?? l missed the show :/

Think it was Foo Fighters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Is that the annoying wan Ann Gleeson roarin' " it's Friiiddaaaay"? Gets on my wick.

Synode wrote: »
    should have known, hes a big fan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Synode wrote: »

Yup, it was Everlong.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

It was a very low key wrap up, no big fanfare or crowd in the studio. It was planned that way i'd guess. The suits don't want to
    be celebrating people leaving them for other stations, understandable really.

Best of luck to Louise, she deserves a chance and some time to find her feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I actually text in and suggested Everlong for the final track when he asked for suggestions!

l would have listened alot more if lenny and ann weren't with him....so annoying and not funny...trying too hard

Harsh. I love Ann and Lenny grew on me

Read in an interview a while ago, he has to pick his dream family over his dream job...so sweet! what was the last song?? l missed the show :/

Ever long foofighters

LeakyGee wrote: »
    It was a very low key wrap up, no big fanfare or crowd in the studio. It was planned that way i'd guess. The suits don't want to
    be celebrating people leaving them for other stations, understandable really.

Best of luck to Louise, she deserves a chance and some time to find her feet.
    Thanks Keit...... I mean LeakyGee... I hope kc pulls RedFM around but alas on his own I just don't see it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Shammer16

Is that the annoying wan Ann Gleeson roarin' " it's Friiiddaaaay"? Gets on my wick.

Think it was Adelle, it was a recorded thing. Not too sure though.

On Ann... She's amazing, she should have had more time on air with KC I think, that's just my opinion though. I will bes disappointed if she in't on the new Louise Duffy Show.

Advertisement