Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KC Lunch Time on Today FM

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

For anyone who didn't hear it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Synode wrote: »
    For anyone who didn't hear it

I used work as a dj for the guy Colm who KC gave a shout out too for sending it too him!

My claim too fame :pac:

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I used work as a dj for the guy Colm who KC gave a shout out too for sending it too him!

My claim too fame :pac:

Can I get your autograph :D

Can I get your autograph :D

My people will call your people.if you don't have people my people will arrange people for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,792 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jason Todd wrote: »
    The Rod Stewart gag by Ann near the end of the show today was hilarious. Genuinely lol'ed!

Just listened to it. Good stuff and shows why Ann would be quality over with the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

Where did they get that movie reviewer from? Absolutely hopeless. Sounds like they just gave a job to one of their mates.

Dargull wrote: »
    Where did they get that movie reviewer from? Absolutely hopeless. Sounds like they just gave a job to one of their mates.

Isn't Nordie not doing it ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Isn't Nordie not doing it ?

No he does Ireland's eoighan (own) now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

you mean LU-UKE at the movies? :eek:

MrMac84 wrote: »
    No he does Ireland's eoighan (own) now

Yeah he is isnt he.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

Mark Owen was on D'arcy and was absolutely dreadful live, out of tune and just all over the place. Anyone hear Lenny
    pretending to be Mark Owen straight after D'arcy finished? Very funny!

The Bundoran show was ok today,considering all the 'we have to talk to these people because we are here' type guests.

Rory Gallagher feature at the end was excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

hoodwinked wrote: »
    you mean LU-UKE at the movies? :eek:

Derek Mooney at the movies more like. Fella hasn't a clue.

He's very poor alright. Now you see me is getting great reviews and he only gives it a 5. I bet I'll really like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Going to be in the audience for the show today and hopefully get to meet Simon Pegg, Nick Frost & Edgar Wright! Can't wait! Will report back later! :)

Just to bookend my earlier post...

Went to Whelan's for the private screening, we were set up in a very cool room at the back with the 40 or so chairs laid out for us, nice and airy, but was lit in red with Shaun of the Dead ready to roll on a large screen up on the stage, twas very cool. We also were given a free Scott Pilgrim t-shirt each. Unfortunately anyone I talked to only had either a Medium or Small so I couldn't swap my S for an XL. There was a lovely girl from (I'm assuming) Today FM who checked our names off the guest list as we arrived, she was friendly throughout the time we were there.

Then Ann Gleeson herself came in, told us that after the movie we'd move upstairs for some grub and then have the Q&A with the lads. Watched the movie, trickled upstairs and waited in the smoking area as the room for the Q&A wasn't ready. Got chatting to a few people, some had 'Shaun' tshirts, one guy had a poster to get signed, and there was two guys dressed as Shaun and Ed from the movie who had a cricket bat and spade (especially bought) to get signed.

Then we moved into the room where the Q&A was to take place and some burgers were served, and the bar was opened. It quickly became apparent that the room was unsuitable (in my opinion) as only half of us had chairs, so the rest were standing. Given the heat that was in it, we were all sweating like cattle in a pen and only a window or two could be opened as the noise from the street was a lot for the microphones. KC, Lenny & Adelle were buzzing around, but no-one really greeted us as such, which I felt was strange. I made a point of saying hello to Adelle and Lenny as I passed though. Ann came in and told us to switch off our phones or she'd be very cross or something to that effect. She was very funny. There was to be absolutely NO filming and pictures were to be kept to a minimum and only if your camera was silent.

So the lads entered and were decent craic, there was some nervousness I thought from KC and Lenny but as the interview wore on everyone was good value and as you know a few of us were selected for questions. I never really minded Luke the movie guy, but he made a complete hash of his questions, he got all of his research from Wiki and most of it was wrong. :eek: Immediately as the show went to the 2 o'clock news the 3 lads got up and left. Ann came over and said sorry guys, no time for pictures or signings, and she said she hoped we had a good day. Very deflating.

It was good to see how the show works in that environment and it was good fun seeing Pegg, Frost and Wright live, but the crowd of us literally just looked at each other in disbelief. We were out on our ear and only Ann said anything to us. To be honest, I was looking forward to maybe meeting the show's crew as much as the actors but they were busy the whole time and as such weren't approachable. There was a lot of anger outside at the lack of a meet n' greet, which is not necessarily the show's fault, but we were told beforehand that they were only there for the hour, so when was the meet & greet actually going to take place? :confused:

From a positive viewpoint, I could say it was an experience, and something I always wanted to do, but from a negative viewpoint I could say I spent almost €70 in petrol driving to watch a movie I've seen a billion times and to stand in sweaty room for an hour, lol. :p Looking back, the room where we watched the film was much more suitable for the Q&A, but for whatever reason wasn't used.

Just want to make it clear, I love the show, and am not having a pop at KC or TodayFM, etc. It was just a little disappointing, and I could see it was even more so for people who had come a long way and had gotten time off work.

How did you get on the list in the first place?

How did you get on the list in the first place?

Just applied through todayfm.com! There was a form to fill out. Got a call at lunchtime last Thursday to say I was in! Followed up by an email with all the details of where to be and at what time!

I'd be disappointed if I didn't get a photo (with anyone). Was only half listening to the interview earlier but sounded decent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭siblers

They really need to get rid of that Luke fella, doesn't know his arse from his elbow when it comes to films.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oirish

So Jason Todd ... you got to be one of how many people, who got up close to people you're a fan of and your crying cause no one sat you on their knee and burped you! How many people would have liked to be standing there in your place! Soo Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

Oirish wrote: »
    So Jason Todd ... you got to be one of how many people, who got up close to people you're a fan of and your crying cause no one sat you on their knee and burped you! How many people would have liked to be standing there in your place! Soo Irish.

Well said

Give over. He's well entitled to comment on it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I must've read a different post than you...

Nice post, welcome to boards. :rolleyes:

First off, it's my opinion, I'm entitled to it.

Secondly, I'm not crying over anything, I only expressed my disappointment that the event didn't turn out the way I expected. I complimented many aspects of the day and was disappointed by other aspects. That's all.

I didn't rant or rave, I haven't used foul language and I haven't abused anyone. Yes, I was lucky to be chosen from thousands who I'm sure applied, but at the end of the day, I travelled a long way, had to borrow money for petrol and came away with neither an autograph nor a picture to remember the day by. I spent money on something to be signed, and thought at the very least if I didn't meet The World's End crew, I'd meet KC and the gang, but I appreciate they were busy, and it was a big show for them. But you can't tell me that it's not strange that we didn't get any kind of welcome off-air from either KC or Lenny?

I'm still a huge fan of the KC Show, I'm still going to tweet in, text in and support the show on boards. If anyone thinks I was 'giving out' about the show, then they're wrong, and should read my post again. Again, I wasn't slating the event, I was expressing my disappointment in it. My posting history will show I have been a fan since day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

Interesting to get a view from someone who was there,you hear these things on the radio but obviously have no idea what goes on off air.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

He has a point. I'd be pretty miffed if I was in his situation. I heard them say the next afternoon on the radio it was great craic but seeing as they didn't really interact, I fail to see how it was. It makes them come across like there acting all fake on the radio and are completely different off air, even towards their 'fans'.

ofcork wrote: »
    Interesting to get a view from someone who was there,you hear these things on the radio but obviously have no idea what goes on off air.

That's exactly why I posted in such detail. I figured a few people would find it interesting, as I would have myself!
    Sully wrote: »
    He has a point. I'd be pretty miffed if I was in his situation. I heard them say the next afternoon on the radio it was great craic but seeing as they didn't really interact, I fail to see how it was. It makes them come across like there acting all fake on the radio and are completely different off air, even towards their 'fans'.

To be honest Sully, it wasn't that they were fake, it just a felt like the live audience was just there for the sake of being there. Also I've tweeted most of the radio crew and they all seem to be genuinely nice people. They were understandably busy and probably nervous about putting on a big show, so I can understand the lack of interaction from the radio crew to a certain extent.

Look, someone may post with a completely different point of view to mine, and I'm sure if you were one of the lucky ones who got to sit up in the snug with the lads and ask a question, then you might have had more craic, but I wasn't one of them.

From my point of view:
    It cost me a day off work, it cost me a decent amount of petrol money, it cost me the price of the poster I made to get signed. It amounted to me standing in a room off the main room with a limited view and got no photo as we had to turn off our phones. The hurry the lads were in meant I got no signature. That's where my disappointment stems from.

Now, had I met them, got a pic and a signature then I'm sure I'd have a different perspective. I don't think it's ungrateful to say that if I was given the opportunity to stand in the same room again but have no contact with the Worlds End stars and all I had to do was pay €120, I don't think I'd do it, would you? I'm not some Bieber fanatic! But that's what it amounted to for me.

Also, the lads left at 2, Ann wished us luck and the event was over. I had thought we could stay on til 2.30 and the end of show, but no one gave us any info, so the majority left. There did seem to be a handful of people who stayed behind, I haven't heard the show since, so not sure. Maybe then the radio crew met a few people and got pics, but I don't know.

Nothing against the KC Show whatsoever. It's just the way the day panned out for me. I'm going to drop it now, as it's done and dusted, I just want to get back to being a listener! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭LeakyGee

Ann's story today during showbiz about 'bi sexual jumpers in Nenagh' classic !!!

Anyone hear 'The Muff Game' last week? One of the funniest things i've ever heard on radio

LeakyGee wrote: »
    Ann's story today during showbiz about 'bi sexual jumpers in Nenagh' classic !!!

Anyone hear 'The Muff Game' last week? One of the funniest things i've ever heard on radio

The song yesterday was quality aswell. She has great comedic timing.

• Advertisement

I think Anne has more freedom to just goof around now than before, would that be fair to say? Before, it was restricted to the Gauntlet, but she has more of a presence now and has the daily 'Showbiz Swipe.'

Advertisement