Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another increase in the price of annual train ticket

Options
  • 02-11-2012 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Since I've moved to Portarlington from Dublin in 2004 there has only been one price freeze on annual train tickets.

We are all expected to do our bit to help this wonderful country (I'm not even going to get into who's at fault for the mess we're in...) we live in and yet fuel prices, insurance and health premiums keep increasing. Then there's the introduction of the likes of the household charge, the water charge on the way. Seriously when is it going to stop?

Whatever about shopping around for fuel, health, etc. how can you do that when there's only one game in town (Irish Rail) when commuting to Dublin?

Outraged and my local reps will be getting a nice letter soon (whatever good it'll do).

Prices here: http://www.taxsaver.ie/Ticket-Types/Rail-point-to-point-tickets/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

After 7 yrs of that awful service i finished commuting on Set 12th, i feel your pain.

Kind of ironic that there is an advert for Irish Rail under your post !

Advertisement