Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Broadband at Home? Any good?!

• 02-11-2012 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

We got a call today from some Vodafone rep giving us a offer for broadband at home (I won't bore you with the details).

Anyway, we -are- considering switching from Eircom to Vodafone and I would like to hear from Boards users and ask "How well is Vodafone at Home?"

We are currently with Eircom NGB 8MB and located in Monaghan.

Thanks in advance everyone :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Based in limerick city environs. have had vodafone for several years. works fine. i have desktop,tablet,smart,laptop running off it. not all at the same time mind!

just make sure you are are not contracted to eircom first if you decide to switch otherwise it could get expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Widescreen wrote: »
    Based in limerick city environs. have had vodafone for several years. works fine. i have desktop,tablet,smart,laptop running off it. not all at the same time mind!

just make sure you are are not contracted to eircom first if you decide to switch otherwise it could get expensive!

Thanks for the response Widescreen. We are running a few of ours. 2 computers, a laptop, 2 android phones and a wireless printer. We haven't had trouble with those (And that is with the router that Eircom sends out).

We are out of contract with Eircom since last year or even earlier than that, so that shouldn't be a problem. I have read other threads here in the past about cancelling a contract with Eircom...

Thanks again Widescreen

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭WexIan

Hi,
    I use vodafone at home for broadband and calls, but only that I am now using wireless broadband 15mb download I would mostlikely have changed from vodafone. My vodafone download speed is 2.5mb, whereas the business beside me on Eircom always 3.5+ download. We are both on the same exchange and same cable comes in from road. I was sorry that I went to vodafone in the first place as I was originaly with Digiweb and speed was always 3.5+. They say that vodafones servers are s...e. Check in your area what speed is been got. Now that my contract with vodafone is up I would have no hesitation in leaving them.

Advertisement