Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handy Gun for Wall Cable Clip Nails

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

I worked with a friend of mine doing satelitte systems and running cables in all day. These drove me demented, especially on old houses. I searched for one but had no luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Drill and 0 plugs are the way I know of.

• Site Banned Posts: 957 ✭✭✭leeomurchu

There's no easy way unfortunately. If you clip up the run of cable at the furthest point and work towards it will make it a bit neater. as mentioned above you can drill holes and fit yellow plugs but that creates more work. Use plastic conduit if you don't fancy using the clips a lot neater looking aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

They are meant to be masonry nails but if I get 1 in 6 in straight into a hard conc wall I am doing well. Horrid yokes. Nails bend all over the place. I don't have an alternative thogh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

aujopimur wrote: »
    Drill and 0 plugs are the way I know of.

whats an o plug mate?

• Advertisement

whats an o plug mate?
    Thorsmann and maybe others make these, there're plastic wall plug with a little hole that's just the right size for a clip nail.

Thorsmann and maybe others make these, there're plastic wall plug with a little hole that's just the right size for a clip nail.

They're yellow plugs by thorsman, never heard of an 0 plug

leeomurchu wrote: »
    They're yellow plugs by thorsman, never heard of an 0 plug
    The yellow plugs are for screws, the nail clip plugs are white.

The yellow plugs are for screws, the nail clip plugs are white.

Used the wrong plugs so :eek:but they seemed grand to me:D, never seen the white plugs before.

So what's a 0 plug?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

They're yellow plugs by thorsman

Fantastic little plug (screws) indeed.:)

Used to install/hold up heavy wooden blinds to window reveals and on walls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭hiDEhi

Used the wrong plugs so :eek:but they seemed grand to me:D, never seen the white plugs before.

So what's a 0 plug?

The thorsman clip plugs are white but they used to be yellow, not the same as the short 5.5mm yellow ones they have now but a different shade of yellow. They are good for clipping into difficult concrete or stonework but painfully slow. I've never seen or heard of a nailer for cable clips though.

hiDEhi wrote: »
    The thorsman clip plugs are white but they used to be yellow, not the same as the short 5.5mm yellow ones they have now but a different shade of yellow. They are good for clipping into difficult concrete or stonework but painfully slow. I've never seen or heard of a nailer for cable clips though.

Would've been about 12 years ago I last used them so might have been the right ones after all :D

Painfully slow though as you say, never again.

Another way to overcome the nailclip problem is to replace the nails with better quality masonary nails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭nacimroc

Concrete nail gun HERE You could use the one from the bottom right Pipe_Rack_Joint_JY_series_similar_to_H_Series.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

The white TP0 plugs are shown here on top of third page:
    http://www.thorsman.de/Kataloge/ThorsmanDuebel2012.pdf

Most hardware/electrical wholesalers stock them.

Advertisement