Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballycotton 2013

Options
  • 02-11-2012 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Looks like they are accepting online entries this year... About blood time
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

nellocono wrote: »

Interesting. I was thinking of giving this a go this year and had been warned about the snail mail process. When I saw this title bounce to the top, I panicked slightly! It might take some of the suspense out of the process though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

nellocono wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Actually, it's not that bad. They are taking postal entries first, and filling out the remaining spots with online applications. They are still flexible in terms of dates for AAI club members. As an aside, they are now accepting self-addressed envelopes for the month of November.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Actually, it's not that bad. They are taking postal entries first, and filling out the remaining spots with online applications. They are still flexible in terms of dates for AAI club members. As an aside, they are now accepting self-addressed envelopes for the month of November.

Thats just if you want the form posted out, right?

Other than that, I just keep an eye on the website and get ready to ping a printed out application at them?

(I'm not a club member)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Process seems to be

Enter by post up until Wednesday December 5th
    Online entries will open on the 6th, and close when the limit of 2500 entries has been reached
    AAI entries accepted by post until December 18th

So waiting to enter online is a bit of a gamble. It might close quickly (or not even open?)

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Yeah will probably still post the mail entry so as to be sure of a place. Been looking forward to this race since last year when I blew up due to sickness (is it possible to blow up in 10 miles?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭EauRouge79

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Jogging Newbie

I think I will enter this race too - heard good reports from lots of my training buddies. Its nice to have a target like this to aim at!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Mr Ballycotton can AAI members have online entry too please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Rolex_

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

TBH I'm not sure why they bothered with the online option. With the existing postal option the race is oversubscribed every year. Any non-AAI club member waiting for the online option will be disappointed I bet.

Rolex_ wrote: »
    TBH I'm not sure why they bothered with the online option. With the existing postal option the race is oversubscribed every year. Any non-AAI club member waiting for the online option will be disappointed I bet.

I agree, unless they put aside a few slots for the online applications, it will be well oversubscribed by post entries received on 5th December alone.

• Advertisement

EauRouge79 wrote: »
    I agree, unless they put aside a few slots for the online applications, it will be well oversubscribed by post entries received on 5th December alone.

Perfect timing for a PB and a good tuning race for you for London though!

Perfect timing for a PB and a good tuning race for you for London though!

Amen to that, thats the plan......but wife is due 3 days later! Ill be registered but and hoping to toe the line.
    Ran the race last year for the 1st time and loved it.

Amen to that, thats the plan......but wife is due 3 days later! Ill be registered but and hoping to toe the line.
    Ran the race last year for the 1st time and loved it.
    Waterford Half and Dungarvan 10 well worth pencilling in too (I'll be revisiting both)

Waterford Half and Dungarvan 10 well worth pencilling in too (I'll be revisiting both)

Count me in for Dungarvan at end of Jan. Would like to do as many of the 10 mile series as possible inc Ballycotton.
    Wont make the half in Waterford though.

At the risk of going off topic, are you going to get aboard the London Marathon Bus?
    Looks like you had a nice comfortable run in Dublin.

Count me in for Dungarvan at end of Jan. Would like to do as many of the 10 mile series as possible inc Ballycotton.
    Wont make the half in Waterford though.

At the risk of going off topic, are you going to get aboard the London Marathon Bus?
    Looks like you had a nice comfortable run in Dublin.

No definite plan yet, other than that a spring marathon is a near certainty. Now that practically all my training mates have beaten me to the sub-3 I can't stop here :D. I'm conferring with a few of the others - it could be Seville (end of Feb) but more likely Rotterdam (week before London) or London itself. Either way we can all do the midweek tempos at the club together and also the long runs at weekends.

Dublin was great -it felt like a stroll right through. Just gradually picked up the pace but heart rate was never above recovery run level. Still managed a 7 minute negative split while soaking up the atmosphere.
    I'd thoroughly recommend to anyone doing the odd marathon while fit but at 15-20 minutes slower than your best possible time. Fun ;)

7 minute negative slit! Thats the way to do it.
    Glad to see that you will run your sub3 in the spring! (tralee 17th March is "home" option)

7 minute negative slit! Thats the way to do it.
    Glad to see that you will run your sub3 in the spring! (tralee 17th March is "home" option)
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/92571133/

For pacing or strolling and enjoying the spectacular scenery... but probably not for racing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cbisto

Hi all

Hoping to do Ballycotton 2013 - will be my first time entering this race.

Planning to use the postal entry - does anyone know whether you can request multiple entry forms to be sent to an address in the same SAE? There will be 3 people in my house looking for entries - seems wasteful to send 3 separate SAEs?

I cant see any contact details on the Ballycotton website to check this

any feedback welcome

thanks

cbisto wrote: »
    Hi all

Hoping to do Ballycotton 2013 - will be my first time entering this race.

Planning to use the postal entry - does anyone know whether you can request multiple entry forms to be sent to an address in the same SAE? There will be 3 people in my house looking for entries - seems wasteful to send 3 separate SAEs?

I cant see any contact details on the Ballycotton website to check this

any feedback welcome

thanks

Yes you can. I got two last year posted to me. I just wrote that I need two forums clearly. I also paid with a single bank draft for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Right so just to be clear, if you're an AAI member you can enter up until dec 18th. And to enter you have to send them a stamped addressed envelope requesting an application form before that date. Is that right?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

tunguska wrote: »
    Right so just to be clear, if you're an AAI member you can enter up until dec 18th. And to enter you have to send them a stamped addressed envelope requesting an application form before that date. Is that right?

If you are a AAI member a PDF form will be on internet prob 10th Dec. Print off and post in - no SAE envelope required and your guaranteed entry so long as they receive it by Dec 18th.

Gringo78 wrote: »
    If you are a AAI member a PDF form will be on internet prob 10th Dec. Print off and post in - no SAE envelope required and your guaranteed entry so long as they receive it by Dec 18th.

Yes this is the case and similar for overseas people (different date I think) when I contacted Mr. Ballycotton.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

http://corkrunning.blogspot.ie/2012/11/comments-on-ballycotton-10-entry.html

^^ should answer most queries on entering.

I posted my entry from the GPO in cork in on the first day the form was available last year and still didn't get in so early early early

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Gringo78 wrote: »

Cool and the gang. Cheers Gringo. About time myself and bollycotton had a bit showdown

From the 2012 forum the following fields are on the form. I am just going to list them so if you are filling it out for someone else so you are not delayed. Of course they could change this but unlikely. I just knew I was making calls to find out someone's age last year when it could have been avoided.

Surname:
    First name:
    Age on race day:
    Date of birth:
    Male/Female
    AAI (Athletics Ireland) Club:
    Home Address:
    Home Tel:
    Mobile:
    Email:
    Have you completed the Ballycotton Summer Road Series (all four events) Yes/No ?

Agreement the details and organisers not liability Signed and Dated:

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dernipper

I cant see it on the site (which means it is probably in bold in front of me )
    but does it state how much to enter? normally about 15 euro If memory serves me right,,,, just getting everything ready to turn those entry forms around and out the door again tomorrow !!
    rom wrote: »
    From the 2012 forum the following fields are on the form. I am just going to list them so if you are filling it out for someone else so you are not delayed. Of course they could change this but unlikely. I just knew I was making calls to find out someone's age last year when it could have been avoided.

Surname:
    First name:
    Age on race day:
    Date of birth:
    Male/Female
    Home Address:
    Home Tel:
    Mobile:
    Email:
    Have you completed the Ballycotton Summer Road Series (all four events) Yes/No ?

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I'm a bit late to the party here, had heard great things about this race, but didn't read the entry details until Thursday, so cue lots if frantic posting of SAE's! I'm hoping if An Post have done the business, that my application for entry arrived in Ballycotton on Friday (Nov 30th) If it did, am I guaranteed an entry form? Or will they send out the earlier applicants first? I intend to get my entry form posted as soon as I get it, so fingers crossed I get in.

I'll be gutted if I miss out, I can't do Dungarvan due to a family christening, but I suppose that leaves Mallow as a back up if Ballycotton doesn't come through. Though the timing of Ballycotton suits better as I'm hoping to do a half in April so the extra couple of weeks to prepare would be great.

dernipper wrote: »
    I cant see it on the site (which means it is probably in bold in front of me )
    but does it state how much to enter? normally about 15 euro If memory serves me right,,,, just getting everything ready to turn those entry forms around and out the door again tomorrow !!

Yes, €15. Not confirmed on the official Ballycotton pdf.

But it is on the Running in Cork blog.

ncmc wrote: »
    I'm a bit late to the party here, had heard great things about this race, but didn't read the entry details until Thursday, so cue lots if frantic posting of SAE's! I'm hoping if An Post have done the business, that my application for entry arrived in Ballycotton on Friday (Nov 30th) If it did, am I guaranteed an entry form? Or will they send out the earlier applicants first? I intend to get my entry form posted as soon as I get it, so fingers crossed I get in.
    1) As in previous years, anyone wishing to obtain an entry form can do so by
    sending an SAE anytime during the month of November to: Ballycotton
    Running Promotions, Ballycotton, Co. Cork (don’t forget to enclose a large
    envelope with the correct postage).

2) All such forms applied for will be posted out on Friday November 30th, to
    arrive by Monday December 3rd/Tuesday December 4th. All returned postal
    entries (on official forms only – no photocopies) will be accepted up to and
    including Wednesday December 5th.

If it got there in November, you should be ok. And no advantage in being in earlier!

• Advertisement

rom wrote: »

Surname:
    First name:
    Age on race day:
    Date of birth:
    Male/Female
    Home Address:
    Home Tel:
    Mobile:
    Email:

Best of luck.

Thanks for the reminder. I have three of these to fill out tomorrow!

Advertisement