Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Murphy suits?

Options
  • 02-11-2012 5:26pm
    Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭

What are his suits like? What are the prices like? Have I heard €100 suits in there or is that a dream?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Myself I have never bought there so I cant say on my experience, but I do know a guy who travels a 2 hr round trip from another county to buy clothes from there, that says a lot.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I got my last suit there, and I'd go back again. I don't know about €100 suits - I bought a Magee suit that I paid a bit more than that for - but I was happy with the price and more than happy with the personal service from Eddie himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

I have bought there a few times, Great value, can't complain.

I have been kitted out for two weddings there as best man and groomsman and both times the service was great and the prices were far better than the competition

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kenny d

I have bought suits and various other clothes off him over the years.
    Both Eddie and his staff treat you as all businesses should treat their customers - with respect, a chat and a good deal. He's A1 for me anyway.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Same at that in fairness. Got all the wedding gear off him and have bought around 10 suits besides.
    Brother in law always travels by BHaunis to buy his suits as he gets a better deal than he used to in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

They even rent out suits, I've used this service a few times. Agreed on top class customer service, true professionals at their game. There's a rail of cheaper discount suits in the shop, the last time my Dad found a decent one there but there's not much for a younger person, all seemed to be older style.

My Dad and DH always buy their suits there. Only thing DH found was that they bombarded him with texts about being open late etc, but got them stopped, so no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

I bought a suit, shirt, and tie for €149 over the summer so i think that was pretty good value. The service is good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

I am sure Murphy's are a great shop, but I wonder if this thread is an advertisement?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

nuac wrote: »
    I am sure Murphy's are a great shop, but I wonder if this thread is an advertisement?

Hi,

As stated already, the mods don't feel that it is, but the first sniff otherwise and we will close it down and infract those involved.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

We are getting our wedding suits here, paid a deposit at a wedding fair recently so can't really comment on service yet but price was good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Fear_an_tarbh

He stayed open half an hour late for me one evening and gave me a hell of a deal, can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Brother and all his family go there and they are raving about the place. Never been there myself but the vibes seem to be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kenny d

I see in the Mayo News this week in their report on the funeral of Jeremy Dee RIP that when John Delaney was giving his oration about Jeremy he used the word "dapper " and on enquiring where Jeremy bought his suits was told Eddie Murphy in Ballyhaunis. I'm going there now to buy one said the CEO of the FAI.

kenny d wrote: »
    I see in the Mayo News this week in their report on the funeral of Jeremy Dee RIP that when John Delaney was giving his oration about Jeremy he used the word "dapper " and on enquiring where Jeremy bought his suits was told Eddie Murphy in Ballyhaunis. I'm going there now to buy one said the CEO of the FAI.

Spotted that myself, in fairness to Jeremy he was a real "smooze" with his suits and loved to dress smart. RIP to the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

My boyfriend bought a suit here for a wedding during summer,had no problems getting suit and staff were friendly and helpful... BUT on day of wedding suit trousers completely tore apart, and he was measured correctly and it fitted him perfectly. Very very poor quality. Had to go home and change to old suit. The embarrassment of it all. When we looked at it the next day the seams on jacket had gone too. Bought it back to shop and had holy war with the owner himself. It was a complete embarrassment the way he spoke to us in the shop and I couldnt believe the way he treated his staff. They deserve far better. I left the shop in tears after the way he shouted at us. Would DEFINATLEY NOT RECOMMEND THIS SHOP AT ALL AND SUITS ARE POOR POOR QUALITY.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Disappointed. I really thought ye meant ye were looking for the suits the comedian Eddie Murphy wears on his live shows. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

audi02 wrote: »
    My boyfriend bought a suit here for a wedding during summer,had no problems getting suit and staff were friendly and helpful... BUT on day of wedding suit trousers completely tore apart, and he was measured correctly and it fitted him perfectly. Very very poor quality. Had to go home and change to old suit. The embarrassment of it all. When we looked at it the next day the seams on jacket had gone too. Bought it back to shop and had holy war with the owner himself. It was a complete embarrassment the way he spoke to us in the shop and I couldnt believe the way he treated his staff. They deserve far better. I left the shop in tears after the way he shouted at us. Would DEFINATLEY NOT RECOMMEND THIS SHOP AT ALL AND SUITS ARE POOR POOR QUALITY.

Sorry to hear of that experience. At teh prices quoted one could not expect Louis Copeland, but am surprised at the report of the reaction to the complaint

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭audi02

nuac wrote: »
    Sorry to hear of that experience. At teh prices quoted one could not expect Louis Copeland, but am surprised at the report of the reaction to the complaint

I know I was very surprised myself. I felt more sorry for his staff,treated like sh1t! No one deserves that in a job!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

i've bought all my suits there
    cheap,good quality,good service and fitting
    i wouldn't go anywhere else meself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Hired a suit for a wedding during the summer for my dad from the dress hire shop, the lady serving us on the day was efficient but very sharp/abrubt. Price was a lot more expensive than Dublin prices for similar suit at E130 and they looked for a E50 deposit on top of that which made it very expensive. On collection of the suit they gave us the wrong colour shirt cream instread of white.

In summary an ok service but expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Eireann81

david75 wrote: »
    Disappointed. I really thought ye meant ye were looking for the suits the comedian Eddie Murphy wears on his live shows. Ah well

eddie-murphy-raw_o_GIFSoupcom1_zps66233722.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

audi02 wrote: »

I'm not saying it didn't happen but I find it extremely hard to believe. Both myself and several members of my family have dealt with Eddie over the years and he's been nothing but a gentleman.

I could never fault his service, price or stock.

A1 from me too!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement