Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iPhone 5 'Other' memory issue

• 02-11-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

As the title says, I'm having an issue with iTunes displaying 2 gig of other memory when my iPhone 5 is connected to iTunes. I can't for the life of me find where this 'other' memory is stored on my phone.
    I don't have any other media like music, videos etc stored inside apps that might categorize it as 'other'.
    Has anyone else come across this issue with any of their iOS devices??. What does this other memory refer to??.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I have the same problem. 2.5gb of other.

I restored my iPhone 5 from my iPhone 4 backup on iCloud.

Googling suggests to restore the phone and then restore from backup.

Should reduce others to a more palatable size.

I haven't tried it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Yeah I restored from a 4s. It's a shame I have to restore it and then put everything back on it to sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Simon201

BanjoB wrote: »
    What does this other memory refer to??.

Isn't just the OS? Mine 2.1gb. Seems about right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Simon201 wrote: »
    Isn't just the OS? Mine 2.1gb. Seems about right.

No, the is is taken out before anything is put on the phone.

A fresh phone never has all the 16, 32 or 64 gb.

Other is apps data, messages, email and so on.

Ever since the iOS 1 bloated other has been a problem.

Advertisement