Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow broadband

Options
  • 02-11-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hello.

I'm emailing you on behalf of my uncle, who was on the phone to you today, but due to lack of technical knowledge, failed to make clear what his problem was.

Basically, the internet package he's paying for is 8Mbit, but he's only receiving 5. Checking 192.168.1.254 confirms this - Speed : 5120 kbps / 512 kbps. I know this is a common complaint, and that you usually attribute it to bad line quality. However, I know for a fact - because I used to live there - that his line CAN handle 8, and that had been handling 8 up until he cancelled his account with you about a year ago.

He then, after a period of 6 months, started a new account, which I assume is when he started receiving 5.

Any effort on your part to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Maybe you could turn the line back up to 8 and see how it goes for a little while.

Thanks so much, and have a great weekend,

James

(P.S. Let me know who to PM the account info. to)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Excuse me James for hijacking your thread but I'm in exactly the same position as your Uncle. Router is 5120kbps / 512kbps and we're paying for 8Mbps. Would like to know who to PM about this.

Also a bump just before Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

j_nolan wrote: »
    Hello.

I'm emailing you on behalf of my uncle, who was on the phone to you today, but due to lack of technical knowledge, failed to make clear what his problem was.

Basically, the internet package he's paying for is 8Mbit, but he's only receiving 5. Checking 192.168.1.254 confirms this - Speed : 5120 kbps / 512 kbps. I know this is a common complaint, and that you usually attribute it to bad line quality. However, I know for a fact - because I used to live there - that his line CAN handle 8, and that had been handling 8 up until he cancelled his account with you about a year ago.

He then, after a period of 6 months, started a new account, which I assume is when he started receiving 5.

Any effort on your part to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. Maybe you could turn the line back up to 8 and see how it goes for a little while.

Thanks so much, and have a great weekend,

James

(P.S. Let me know who to PM the account info. to)

Hi j_nolan,

Can you PM me with your uncles tel no: I will check the current speeds on the line.

Thanks, Mark

Nulty wrote: »
    Excuse me James for hijacking your thread but I'm in exactly the same position as your Uncle. Router is 5120kbps / 512kbps and we're paying for 8Mbps. Would like to know who to PM about this.

Also a bump just before Monday.

Hi Nulty,

just checking if you posted this query on our forum?

- http://bit.ly/R96iIN

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Hi Nulty,

just checking if you posted this query on our forum?

- http://bit.ly/R96iIN

Thanks, Mark

I did. I'll stick to the Eircom forum if that suits.

Nulty wrote: »
    I did. I'll stick to the Eircom forum if that suits.

No Worries,

Al, is much nicer anyway :)

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
Advertisement