Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania - Returning damaged goods

Options
  • 02-11-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭

Hey I got a TV last week and it came with a damaged screen. I made a request online to return it as its within the 7 day cool off period but they expect me to pay for the courier?

Surely they must send one out to collect it as its damaged goods?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

They say they will refund postage but I had a nightmare with returns and pixmania a couple of years ago. I returned a camera via courier at my cost and they only refunded me 10 euro. I tried ringing to complain but got nowhere. I found a forum thread that advised to hammer them via email, copying their CEO.

h.gazon@pixmania.com

And this is the CEO of their parent group.

s.rosenblum@fotovista.com

I can PM you the email thread if you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

stimpson wrote: »
    I can PM you the email thread if you want :)

Yeah go for it. I've ordered stuff from them before and found them grand but it's only when things go wrong do you find out if they are reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

They should pay for it, though they might want you to pay for it up front until they verify it's damaged, and then refund you.

Although of course, getting the refund might be problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Dboy85 wrote: »
    Hey I got a TV last week and it came with a damaged screen. I made a request online to return it as its within the 7 day cool off period but they expect me to pay for the courier?

Surely they must send one out to collect it as its damaged goods?

You are confusing issues. You are not sending it back within the 7 day cooling off period. The unit is DOA.

If it's a cooling off period, you are liable for the return cost. The unit also has to be in a sale-able condition. This is not a road you want to go down.

If it's a warranty repair whatever, generally you pay the return cost and the retailer verifies the fault. If fault found, they refund you the delivery cost then rectify the issue. The retailer can't be expected to just take your word for it that it's faulty. Fair is fair. If you purchase on line, you have to "play by the rules".

Purchasing from Pixmania was your other problem.

Advertisement