Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for standing order to reach other BOI account

Options
  • 02-11-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I send my wife money via standing order on a fortnightly basis. The money leaves my account overnight, but does not reach her account until 6pm that evening.

Can I get this money into her account sooner?

We are both BOI account holders, in the same branch even.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Ranjo,

Thanks for your query. You could set up your wife's account as a payee on 365Online and make an electronic transfer to her instead. This would credit her account immediately. You can also set these payments to transfer automatically on a date sometime in the future. You can find out more information about adding payees and transferring online in our Banking365 FAQs here.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.
    Thanks,
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ranjo

I don't want to have to manually do the transfer every two weeks.

Is there no way to get this money across immediately via scheduled process?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Due to our processing of the debit and the credit of a standing order, this is cannot be done immediately. By setting up a number of future payments at one time, you can avoid having to manually transfer every two weeks. For example, scheduling four payments at once would mean only logging in to set them up every couple of months.

I hope this helps,
    Graham

Advertisement