Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

SEAT Cordoba vs Skoda Fabia

Options
  • 02-11-2012 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I am looking for a new car and have finally narrowed it down to two with the help of boards!

1) A 07 SEAT Cordoba, 41000 miles, 1.4.

2) A 06 Skoda Fabia, 79000 miles, 1.2.

the catch is the SEAT is E1000 more expensive.

appearance wise I prefer the look and colour of the SEAT, price wise i'm all about the Skoda.

The Skoda suits my price range better but would the SEAT be a better investment being a broke young mother/student!?

What are your opinions on which car I should choose?

Thanks in advance!
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

What;s the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 amberbean123

Skoda - 3300 along with my own car
    SEAT - 4200 along with my own car.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Skoda - 3300 along with my own car
    SEAT - 4200 along with my own car.

What's the price without the discount? And what are you trading in?

A 00 Honda civic, standard. 78000 miles. Full Honda service history - even wipers get done in the honda garage!
    Advertised price for the SEAT is 6500 (i think its reduced to 5800 on the internet website though) and Skoda is 4750.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Seats are nice comfortable reliable cars, previously owned a toledo for 3 years with no problems at all, however for value of money id opt for the the skoda, think both are VW engines aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

A 00 Honda civic, standard. 78000 miles. Full Honda service history - even wipers get done in the honda garage!
    Advertised price for the SEAT is 6500 (i think its reduced to 5800 on the internet website though) and Skoda is 4750.
    Thanks

Being a "young broke mother/student", why on earth would you be trading in a perfect car and handing over 4k for no obvious reason?

Or have I completely misunderstood the definition of broke?

Being a "young broke mother/student", why on earth would you be trading in a perfect car and handing over 4k for no obvious reason?

Have a baby and a bad back so its difficult to put baby in the back, he is also ready for the next car seat and my honda has very long seat buckles which does not work with the next size car seat, to the amazement of the staff in Smyths!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭The_Mask

Chances are its becoming a money pit???

Sorry! I was too quick off the mark, thats what my car is becoming

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

OP, in your other thread I think you complained about the Ibiza being a bit small, the Cordoba is an Ibiza with a boot so it ain't going to be any more spacious. Both the Cordoba and Fabia are from the supermini class which is below that size wise of the Civic.

bazz26 wrote: »
    OP, in your other thread I think you complained about the Ibiza being a bit small, the Cordoba is an Ibiza with a boot so it ain't going to be any more spacious. Both the Cordoba and Fabia are from the supermini class which is below that size wise of the Civic.

Yeah I was looking at an Ibiza yesterday but the boot was what was putting me off which is why the cordoba suits me better.

Its the boot size and 3 doors which is my issue with my civic, love my car apart from that. Never an ounce of trouble with her. If i could cut two more doors into the shell I would keep it! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Well the boot on hatchbacks is usually more practical than that of a saloon. Saloons have narrower boot access, something to note especially if you have a pram or buggy to put in it. The saloon may not have a split folding rear seat either.

bazz26 wrote: »
    Well the boot on hatchbacks is usually more practical than that of a saloon. Saloons have narrower boot access, something to note especially if you have a pram or buggy to put in it. The saloon may not have a split folding rear seat either.

The buggy fits in both the cars so I'm fairly confident size wise, i'm just not sure which is the better buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

Yeah I was looking at an Ibiza yesterday but the boot was what was putting me off which is why the cordoba suits me better.

Its the boot size and 3 doors which is my issue with my civic, love my car apart from that. Never an ounce of trouble with her. If i could cut two more doors into the shell I would keep it! haha

If you are used the to the complete reliability of your civic then you may be unpleasantly surprised by changing to either of the cars you mentioned...especially the 1.2 versions.

What about something like this?
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4122972

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

^ nail on head

Advertisement