Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Arsenal - Kick Off 12:45 - SSHD2

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bloody hell Giroud, I take it back, how did you miss that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

:eek: Phew!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Rooney motm? He's having a laugh though I do think Rooney has done well enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Rooney MOM? hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Is Dean playing yellow card bingo?

He's being dishing them out all right, if you didnt see the match just the card total you would think its been a dirty game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Holy ****, De Gea is playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

De Gea has one thing to do all game, you'd forgive him for losing concentration, but he does it perfectly. Great goalkeeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Was that their first shot on target?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Rafael surely deserved MOM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Rooney has put in a lot of work but missed a penalty too. Raf had a fine game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Liam O wrote: »
    Rooney motm? He's having a laugh though I do think Rooney has done well enough.

It's Sky Sports. Of course Rooney is MOTM...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Manc-Red wrote: »
    The harsh reality is that Arsenal just aint good enough.

Yep, pains me to write it but this is the worst Arsenal team in around 25 years.

Still better than Spurs though and will still finish 4th this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Great finish...got a bit of luck tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

game on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

FFS United. ****ing let them get a goal here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Oh delicious. All my rivals had Raphael in FF and were on for a windfall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

beauty of a goal.. thats the only arsenal positive from this game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Drumpot wrote: »
    Conspiracys about united and refs should be bannable offences.

:rolleyes:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Get in, not much of a consolation but was a sweet sweet shot.

:(:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

Good finish but that fecked up my ff team points. Still United won and thats all that matters.

:rolleyes:

WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE!

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yep, pains me to write it but this is the worst Arsenal team in around 25 years.

Yeah right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Lovely goal from Cazorla at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Arsene has some cheek having a go at Stoke based on the puke football that they played today. It was disgusting to watch all those balls hoofed up to Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Most one sided game since i saw half a pheasant at the local butchers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Solid, if a bit boring, game by United. Good win, good 3 points, top of the table (even if it's only for a few hours).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Goog win,United were poor enough.Too many sloppy passes and wrong decision making but still a win.Arsenal are toothless going forward.
    Disgusted that they got a goal in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Even in the hammering last year, Arsenal were still threatening towards the end of the first half. They didnt even bother this time.

Worst ive ever seen play in a long while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I almost definitely heard Mike Dean call Mertersacker a Spanish monkey twat.Who do I report him to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Too easy for United, though Arsenal improved in the 2nd half, but it really could have been another hammering!

Fuhrer wrote: »
    Even in the hammering last year, Arsenal were still threatening towards the end of the first half. They didnt even bother this time.

Worst ive ever seen play in a long while

They were awful but the Norwich match was worse imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Did anyone else see that one fan among the United supporters celebrating when Arsenal scored? :D

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Did anyone else see that one fan among the United supporters celebrating when Arsenal scored? :D

Didn't see; maybe bet on 2-1! :pac:

IvySlayer wrote: »

Yeah, must have had a few quid on 2-1 I'd say!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Dismal performance from Arsenal today. Well done Utd on the win and going top of the league. Wenger get the troops ready for Schalke on Tuesday night please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just read over this thread. My goodness me there's some people here with serious issues.

Arsenal were gutless from the get go. There's was no way they were getting anything out of that game, even if DB10 had been officiating.
    Class goal from Cazorla at the end but that's about all they did.
    Credit their fans though, they were singing non stop for the last 15-20 minutes.

Easiest 3 points we've got all season even if it wasn't reflected in the scoreline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I almost definitely heard Mike Dean call Mertersacker a Spanish monkey twat.Who do I report him to?

The 'Association of black lawyers for Germans who are mistakenly called Spanish twats' already have it under control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Don't think Geoff Shreeves would contradict fergie like that.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

What did Shreeves say?

• Advertisement

Neville saying United were excellent today,best he has seen them this season.WTF.

I thought they were poor enough today and arsenal basically let them have a free ride.

DB10 wrote: »
    What did Shreeves say?

He said he saw SAF give Mike Dean a brown envelope in the car park before the game.The cops are going to open an investigation once they are finished with Clattenburg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

yabadabado wrote: »
    He said he saw SAF give Mike Dean a brown envelope in the car park before the game.The cops are going to open an investigation once they are finished with Clattenburg.

Chelsea have also accused Clattenburg of racially abusing the brown envelope.

Chelsea have also accused Clattenburg of racially abusing the brown envelope.

The envelope didn't hear anything however, and was reportedly told by a colleague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

_blank_ wrote: »
    no, but when idiots start talking about corrupt referees, conspiracy theories and other general mentalness, it should be stopped.
    Don't worry, Niallo doesn't believe it's a conspiracy to do with corrupt referees. He believes that it is a complex psychological issue in which referees on an unquantifiable subconscious level give Manchester United more decisions because they are afraid of upsetting a manager who has received more bans than anyone else in the past few years for comments about referees. He's Freud, you see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Don't worry, Niallo doesn't believe it's a conspiracy to do with corrupt referees. He believes that it is a complex psychological issue in which referees on an unquantifiable subconscious level give Manchester United more decisions because they are afraid of upsetting a manager who has received more bans than anyone else in the past few years for comments about referees. He's Freud, you see.

What difference does it make how many times he was banned, just like how people freely admit refs could be influenced by suarezs past why can't they be influenced by one of the most powerful men in football. I genuinely think refs are afraid of ferguson and they would prefer not to be involved in controversial decisions involving him, is it impossible to think they might favour utd in a 50/50. I don't think it's a conspiracy I just think ferguson holds a lot of power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

niallo27 wrote: »
    What difference does it make how many times he was banned, just like how people freely admit refs could be influenced by suarezs past why can't they be influenced by one of the most powerful men in football. I genuinely think refs are afraid of ferguson and they would prefer not to be involved in controversial decisions involving him, is it impossible to think they might favour utd in a 50/50. I don't think it's a conspiracy I just think ferguson holds a lot of power.

Of course blud. Anything to soothe the pain of seeing your biggest rivals piss all over you for 25 years is fine by me. Anything to make their success seem slightly tainted.

If Ferguson holds so much power, why are they banning him more than others? How come Martinez and Bruce and Hughes and all other managers who whinge about refs after every game against a big club get away with their comments?

And again, as I've asked you before, can you please provide some stats to back up your idea that Ferguson's Derren Brown-like psychological influence has benefited United? You know, like take the last 5 years of matches for all PL teams, work out number of penalties given relative to fouls, relative to time spent in the opposing half, number of red cards for and against relative to number of fouls etc. We'll start off quantitative and then get all qualitative up in here afterwards.

But then, you're not really going to do that. You're going to just post nonsense like the above after every decision United get for the rest of the season and ignore everything else. This is called soap-boxing and it's generally considered to be a ****ty way of posting on forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Of course blud. Anything to soothe the pain of seeing your biggest rivals piss all over you for 25 years is fine by me. Anything to make their success seem slightly tainted.

If Ferguson holds so much power, why are they banning him more than others? How come Martinez and Bruce and Hughes and all other managers who whinge about refs after every game against a big club get away with their comments?

And again, as I've asked you before, can you please provide some stats to back up your idea that Ferguson's Derren Brown-like psychological influence has benefited United? You know, like take the last 5 years of matches for all PL teams, work out number of penalties given relative to fouls, relative to time spent in the opposing half, number of red cards for and against relative to number of fouls etc. We'll start off quantitative and then get all qualitative up in here afterwards.

But then, you're not really going to do that. You're going to just post nonsense like the above after every decision United get for the rest of the season and ignore everything else. This is called soap-boxing and it's generally considered to be a ****ty way of posting on forums.

I'm not ignoring everything else, we discussed big decisions that went against utd as well, we had to go back a few years mind you. Opr posted a few articles about it but the only response he got was the usual tin foil or 9/11 pictures. Wasn't Martinez charged for his comments as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

What about Santos getting Van Persie's jersey at half time!!!

Can you imagine a United player coming into Fergie at half time at 1-0 down with an opposition jersey!!! :eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Pj! wrote: »
    What about Santos getting Van Persie's jersey at half time!!!

Can you imagine a United player coming into Fergie at half time at 1-0 down with an opposition jersey!!! :eek::eek:

mountain out of a molehill here

what difference does it matter, probably goes on all the time in the tunnel

& what if they go in with an opposition jersey after they've been beat, what would fergie do then?

there's a scause in that post :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement