Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Arsenal - Kick Off 12:45 - SSHD2

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Pj! wrote: »
    What about Santos getting Van Persie's jersey at half time!!!

Can you imagine a United player coming into Fergie at half time at 1-0 down with an opposition jersey!!! :eek::eek:
    Not sure if I'm being petty but for me that was a disgrace mid game, just awful I hope when Wenger see's it he reacts accordingly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

niallo27 wrote: »
    I'm not ignoring everything else, we discussed big decisions that went against utd as well, we had to go back a few years mind you. Opr posted a few articles about it but the only response he got was the usual tin foil or 9/11 pictures. Wasn't Martinez charged for his comments as well.

Oh right, you set the world to rights last week based on hazy rememberings of games from the past. Sounds like concrete evidence. Open and shut case.

And OPR's articles are heavily slanted in favour of the opinion he wants to be true. They are mental musings that pick specific decisions that went in favour of United and don't really deal with any decisions that went against them or any similar decisions that other teams have benefited from.

They have no rhyme or reason to them, just a scattergun conspiracy theory approach designed to soothe the hurt of rival fans as United pick up another trophy. You can't really think that this is conclusive evidence? As for the stuff about referees he has posted, you know, the stuff where referees put themselves in compromising positions that puts their integrity into question with regards to Manchester United, have a look at these:

From the Telegraph on Mike Dean:
    Dean was originally appointed to referee the 2006 FA Cup Final at the Millennium Stadium on 13 May 2006 but the Football Association later replaced him with Alan Wiley after concerns were raised about Dean's ability to be impartial towards Liverpool, who are based near his hometown in Wirral

Howard Webb, you know, the guy with the Manchester United jersey:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Video-Ref-Howard-Webb-leads-singing-of-Liverpool-anthem-You-ll-Never-Walk-Alone-before-his-Manchester-United-v-Chelsea-date-article733391.html

Does this mean that Webb and Dean are corrupt? No. They're professionals and are generally solid, impartial refs.

Anyway, we only have to go back to last week to find a bad decision that went against United. Torres should have been off when he went through Cleverley with a coward's tackle. Wilshere should have been off (second yellow) for his tackle on Cleverley today. We get the same number of decisions against us as we do for us, relative to how much of the ball and play we have.

As for Martinez, he has been at this stuff for years and has been called up on it only once. he's not box-office like Ferguson so there's never really any appetite to get him reprimanded for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Soups123 wrote: »
    Not sure if I'm being petty but for me that was a disgrace mid game, just awful I hope when Wenger see's it he reacts accordingly

No your dead right, it was a ****en disgrace. That **** bugs me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

But the magic of RVP rubbed off on him & Santos managed to play a bit better afterwards.

zerks wrote: »

But the magic of RVP rubbed off on him & Santos managed to play a bit better afterwards.
    He'd need more than that

Oh right, you set the world to rights last week based on hazy rememberings of games from the past. Sounds like concrete evidence. Open and shut case.

And OPR's articles are heavily slanted in favour of the opinion he wants to be true. They are mental musings that pick specific decisions that went in favour of United and don't really deal with any decisions that went against them or any similar decisions that other teams have benefited from.

They have no rhyme or reason to them, just a scattergun conspiracy theory approach designed to soothe the hurt of rival fans as United pick up another trophy. You can't really think that this is conclusive evidence? As for the stuff about referees he has posted, you know, the stuff where referees put themselves in compromising positions that puts their integrity into question with regards to Manchester United, have a look at these:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Video-Ref-Howard-Webb-leads-singing-of-Liverpool-anthem-You-ll-Never-Walk-Alone-before-his-Manchester-United-v-Chelsea-date-article733391.html

Does this mean that Webb and Dean are corrupt? No. They're professionals and are generally solid, impartial refs.

Anyway, we only have to go back to last week to find a bad decision that went against United. Torres should have been off when he went through Cleverley with a coward's tackle. Wilshere should have been off (second yellow) for his tackle on Cleverley today. We get the same number of decisions against us as we do for us, relative to how much of the ball and play we have.

As for Martinez, he has been at this stuff for years and has been called up on it only once. he's not box-office like Ferguson so there's never really any appetite to get him reprimanded for it.

Your reading too much into what I'm saying, I'm not saying I think refs are corrupt, I just think sometimes they want an easy life like we all do. A dodgy decision against utd and costs them the game it's all over the paper a decision for them and everyone forgets about it. As for the Wilshire tackle today I think the ref was right to give him another chance like he did for cleverly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Your reading too much into what I'm saying, I'm not saying I think refs are corrupt, I just think sometimes they want an easy life like we all do. A dodgy decision against utd and costs them the game it's all over the paper a decision for them and everyone forgets about it. As for the Wilshire tackle today I think the ref was right to give him another chance like he did for cleverly.
    Aaaaaahahaaaa!! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

yeah i didn't think it looked great either, kinda because whatever way i seen it, it looked like santos tried to hide it from the camera :pac: but that was it, if it was in the tunnel a minute later you'd never know

what would you think he'd(wenger) do?

wenger was talking/spoke to RVP walking off at HT, players all smiles & friendly during the handshakes there's nothing made of that

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Aaaaaahahaaaa!! :D:D:D

Well not on here obviously but in general in the papers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Your reading too much into what I'm saying, I'm not saying I think refs are corrupt, I just think sometimes they want an easy life like we all do.

I never said that you thought that the refs were corrupt. I literally said as much in the first post I made in here. I believe that Opr and his articles think that something fishy is going on. That was my point.

A dodgy decision against utd and costs them the game it's all over the paper a decision for them and everyone forgets about it. As for the Wilshire tackle today I think the ref was right to give him another chance like he did for cleverly.

Similarly, a dodgy decision in United's favour puts them in the headlines just as much as well. More so in fact. You never see professional footballers posting pictures of a ref in a City jersey after they get a fortunate decision in their favour. So do they deliberately avoid giving United decisions on occasion also? Does one pressure negate the other? No, they are pros who call it as they see it on the pitch. This is all supposition on your part. What is your motivation here?

BTW, agreed on the Wilshere and Cleverley issue. I would probably have sent both of them off but a ref is entitled to do what he did today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

batistuta9 wrote: »
    mountain out of a molehill here

what difference does it matter, probably goes on all the time in the tunnel

Not at half time it doesn't.

He came into the dressing room at half time, at 1-0 down, with the goalscorers jersey!!!

Bloody hell. The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Well not on here obviously but in general in the papers.
    Sky were still showing Hernandez offside goal this morning, I've seen it and Evans tackle on Torres countless times online, in papers and on tv throughout the week.
    That's a bizarre statement to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Pj! wrote: »
    Not at half time it doesn't.

He came into the dressing room at half time, at 1-0 down, with the goalscorers jersey!!!

Bloody hell. The mind boggles.

you think, they'll only have a certain number of jerseys. you think players don't try to get them first for themselves? You'll even see player point at the other & pull their own top, signalling they want the top before the games over

wenger was talking/spoke to/laughed with the player who put them 1 down & wouldn't sign a new contract with his club walking off at HT

Bloody hell. The mind boggles

if you hadn't seen it you'd be none the wiser, just because you seen it today doesn't mean this is the first time it's ever happened

batistuta9 wrote: »

you think, they'll only have a certain number of jerseys. you think players don't try to get them first for themselves? You'll even see player point at the other & pull their own top, signalling they want the top before the games over

wenger was talking/spoke to/laughed with the player who put them 1 down & wouldn't sign a new contract with his club walking off at HT

Bloody hell. The mind boggles

if you hadn't seen it you'd be none the wiser, just because you seen it today doesn't mean this is the first time it's ever happened
    I could be wrong but I doubt this happens all the time especially not at half time at such an important match. I'm genuinely disgusted at it and I don't think I'm easily disgusted. Doing it so openly at HT sends out the wrong message to your team and fans and surely gives RVP an ego and confidence boost we could do without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I could be wrong but I doubt this happens all the time especially not at half time at such an important match. I'm genuinely disgusted at it and I don't think I'm easily disgusted. Doing it so openly at HT sends out the wrong message to your team and fans and surely gives RVP an ego and confidence boost we could do without.

Ah will you leave off. The players are all mates who are doing a job. Do you really think the Arsenal lads hate RVP now because he moved to another club? Do the fook, they couldn't care less.

• Advertisement

Ah will you leave off. The players are all mates who are doing a job. Do you really think the Arsenal lads hate RVP now because he moved to another club? Do the fook, they couldn't care less.
    What has any of that got to do with my post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Brilliant post. It's a shame when I pretty much say this to people in person they look at me as if i'm the odd one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

What has any of that got to do with my post?

What parts are you struggling to put together? You're disgusted that players who were team mates a few months ago, are still friendly with one another. That's pretty childish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I dont get the fuss over the HT shirt swap. Total meh issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,450 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Do you think Ferguson would be happy to see Rooney going over to get Arteta's jersey at half-time because they played together at Everton and with his team one down? The hairdryer would have been rammed down his throat and rightly so.

• Advertisement

What parts are you struggling to put together? You're disgusted that players who were team mates a few months ago, are still friendly with one another. That's pretty childish.
    We're have I said any of that? I'd expect them to be mates, it's nothing to do with RVP, my comment was about swapping jerseys with a rival player at half time on the pitch. I've since seen it on Sky, Rte and BBC and all have questioned and criticized, what don't you get this? has nothing to do with being mates

Advertisement