Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Toyota GT86

• 02-11-2012 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

I recently had the pleasure of taking ownership of Toyota's new sports car for a week last month. The brief was pretty simple - shoot the car and provide a brief feedback of my experiences with car. I shot all of the details with a 580EX II & softbox, but the paint on the car was too swirly to use bare off-camera flash for the exterior shots. Instead, I shot brackets but mostly ended up using single exposures for the post work. I toyed with the idea of removing the number plates completely, but decided against it as I wanted the car to be identifiable as Toyota Ireland's car.

8147905117_70908d396b_z.jpg

8147938140_c8714be962_z.jpg

8147906691_52c0795d25_z.jpg

8147907693_4b091ae3fa_z.jpg

8147908395_55ec8c22ed_z.jpg

8147940364_fc6d1ccc98_z.jpg

Full Set

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

the last 3 look fantastic Paddy - not mad on the 3rd one , in comparison to rest

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

They are great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Faultless set if you ask me. They could all go straight into a brochure or magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

Those pics are class, makes the car look so good. Well done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

Great shots- 4, 5 & 6 are really good stand alone photos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

Great range of shots Paddy. Super Job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

brilliant pictures! you've captured the car well. hope it was a bit of craic to drive? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Can't fault them! Beautiful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

Thanks guys, it wasn't an easy set to shoot or process but I definitely learned a lot of things that I would probably do different next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Brilliant set Paddy, some more gems in the full set.

Photos do that colour a lot of justice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 401 ✭✭Lagnagoushee

Paddy,
    Reckon this one was worthy of inclusion:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/31028264@N00/8147908509
    Great work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Very nice indeed. 4th is my fave.

Paddy,
    Reckon this one was worthy of inclusion:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/31028264@N00/8147908509
    Great work!

Best one posted here, in my opinion.

Number 4 above would look better if the car was facing the camera in my opinion. In 4 and 6 it's facing away. I'd like to see the front in those.

EDIT: Sorry, should probably also add I think they're excellent photos. Would be quite curious about how you did number 5. Can in front of that car, or a rig attached?

Best one posted here, in my opinion.

Number 4 above would look better if the car was facing the camera in my opinion. In 4 and 6 it's facing away. I'd like to see the front in those.

EDIT: Sorry, should probably also add I think they're excellent photos. Would be quite curious about how you did number 5. Can in front of that car, or a rig attached?

Thanks Shane,

With regards to 4 -

8147907825_e2ff7ca962_z.jpg

I think there's a more frontal shot of number 6, but I haven't edited it just yet. Number 5 is a straight-forward enough over-the-top rig shot :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Stunning Paddy, as said over on the BMW Forum, Brochure quality shots :cool:

Out of curiousity Paddy what would you do differently if you were doing this one again?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ronanc15 wrote: »
    Out of curiousity Paddy what would you do differently if you were doing this one again?

Good Question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sepd123

a little off topic but is that mahon falls and bunmahon ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

The beach is called Kilmurrin, its before Bunmahon.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    Thanks Shane,

With regards to 4 -

8147907825_e2ff7ca962_z.jpg

I think there's a more frontal shot of number 6, but I haven't edited it just yet. Number 5 is a straight-forward enough over-the-top rig shot :)

Yeah, I admit, I really like that version a lot more than the facing away one (though I do realise that everyone will have a different opinion, and some people may find the rear of the car looks better than the front, etc. but I, personally, prefer the above over the one you posted initially (where it's looking away)).

I quite like the 'face' on that car, though. It's quite mean/menacing looking (especially combined with the colour of the car and the processing).

To someone not very familiar with car photography, it looks really well done, I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 419 ✭✭steoc

Excellent set Paddy.

I guess I would have slowed down a little and taken a little bit more time to consider the placement of the car relative to the backdrop and position of the sun. I did take that time later in the day - spent the best part of half an hour inching the car around at Mahon Falls - but felt it could have payed off better earlier in the day. There was a lot of shots that I 'seen' when importing the images off the CF card afterwards, but never noticed when shooting.

Essentially, I need more patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Great shots, Paddy.
    Loved the SpeedHunters write up too.

Paddy@CIRL wrote: »
    I guess I would have slowed down a little and taken a little bit more time to consider the placement of the car relative to the backdrop and position of the sun. I did take that time later in the day - spent the best part of half an hour inching the car around at Mahon Falls - but felt it could have payed off better earlier in the day. There was a lot of shots that I 'seen' when importing the images off the CF card afterwards, but never noticed when shooting.

Essentially, I need more patience.

Cool I get you, well if that's your version of a rush job you're on the pigs back :D

Are the pics going to be used by Toyota Ireland??

Cool I get you, well if that's your version of a rush job you're on the pigs back :D

Are the pics going to be used by Toyota Ireland??

Perhaps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Great stuff as usual Paddy, always look forward to seeing what you have taken!

I really like this shot as well:

8147907297_43e124b3ee_c.jpg

It's not really one that would be great for Toyota as the car isnt the main focal point of the shot but I really like the composition of where its placed as well as the contrast in the colour of the car and the rocks/jetty.

Also I love the shots of the car in motion. Great stuff as always!

frostie500 wrote: »
    Great stuff as usual Paddy, always look forward to seeing what you have taken!

I really like this shot as well:

8147907297_43e124b3ee_c.jpg

It's not really one that would be great for Toyota as the car isnt the main focal point of the shot but I really like the composition of where its placed as well as the contrast in the colour of the car and the rocks/jetty.

Also I love the shots of the car in motion. Great stuff as always!

Love the contrast in that too.

I'm always afraid to leave in as much stuff in the foreground as there is in this, rocks, walls, ropes etc but it just goes to show the rules are there to be broken. They don't distract from it at all.

Yeah, I've never really been a fan of photos of a car where it pretty much touches all four corners of the frame. I much rather have something more visually interesting and perhaps something that can tell a story if possible.

Advertisement