Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You dirty robbing b##stard!!!

• 02-11-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Just had my wallet emptied by some ****in ****e bag while in the local library. Had stepped away to photocopy something and phone went off and stepped outside for 2 min.

Just in case you are reading this you c#@t that money was my social welfare payment that me and family need. I hope to god you get the fukin karma you deserve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Libraries aren't even safe from scum these day's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Any CCTV there? You can ask a member of staff if they recognise him and if they are a member of the library.

Sh1t thing to happen man, sorry! You could always pop in every now and again over a number of weeks and see if he is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

If there is CCTV and he is identified....make sure to ring the cops and get him booked !

Sorry :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Scumbags in libraries now? Is there no sanctuary?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

library will have cctv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Who in their right mind leaves a wallet unattended?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

That's why you should never drop your guard, even for a second.
    Sorry that this happened to you OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Spook_ie wrote: »

Yeah cos that's helpful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

**** happens. Lost my wallet recently, pain in the balls. I feel your pain OP.

Defo ask for CCTV, they should be a member.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

yeah Cant access cctv till Monday and then only upon requests from cops who refused to come even though they were only accross the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Libraries are full of scum's children these days. They use it as a free baby sitting service when they go shopping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

racso1975 wrote: »
    yeah Cant access cctv till Monday and then only upon requests from cops who refused to come even though they were only accross the road.

Are you for real? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

go in the station make a report and get a report number and get wiggum to do his fcuking job.

in other news , WTF are scum doing in library ? i thought it was like vampires and hallowed ground .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Had stepped away to photocopy something and phone went off and stepped outside for 2 min.
    Well that was stoopid. Scum will be scum and will take any opportunity they get. You gave it to them on a platter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

If anything, libraries are one of the worst places to leave your valuables unattended. They're free, there are plenty of shelves to lurk behind and the librarians have no problem with pickpockets as long as they do it quietly

Are you for real? :(

Yup it's a rural place. now in fairness they said they Cant access cctv systems. however thought they'd come take a statement seeing as there were **** all people there. now this happened at 4.50 and call me cynical but went over to station to find it closes at 5pm!!!! one wonders

Abi wrote: »
    Well that was stoopid. Scum will be scum and will take any opportunity they get. You gave it to them on a platter.

Could happen to anyone though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

That sucks dude.

I once dropped my wallet on a cruise with my girlfriend. Was the only day I was carrying it, because we were going shopping in Barcelona. I asked at reception and they said that one of their staff had found it on deck 3, pity i'd lost it on the top deck, so it was emptied and thrown down there.

Only good thing was that the insurance paid it back to me after a few months.

I do realise my mistake abi but in fairness it is a very rural library where you know 99% of the people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

In fairness he shouldn't have left his wallet unattended. I wouldn't even leave my bag unattended in a restaurant or hairdressers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Had stepped away to photocopy something and phone went off and stepped outside for 2 min.

Photocopying a book? Book piracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭RossyG

Sorry to hear this, Racso. The thief was a grade A scumbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Go to your reliving officer in the welfare and explain the situation, good chance they'll sort you out. Happened to a girl I know and she was looked after.

drivers licence for job application

lukesmom wrote: »
    Could happen to anyone though

I know what you mean in that, there are people that rob from people from the street etc,. But why would you leave your things behind, regardless of how short a period of a time, given that these people can walk past you and fleece you. Having your valuables on you at all times gives you at least SOME chance of not getting done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Well, I think we've found the real criminal here! Good job mystery bunch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I do realise my mistake abi but in fairness it is a very rural library where you know 99% of the people.

Well, whoever you see wearing new shoes next week is probably the culprit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Why would ya go away and leave your wallet unattended in a public place? You're asking for it tbh. It doesnt take a grade A scumbag even. Nowadays theres lots of desperate people around.

Ya can't be doin' that lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I know what you mean in that, there are people that rob from people from the street etc,. But why would you leave your things behind, regardless of how short a period of a time, given that these people can walk past you and fleece you. Having your valuables on you at all times gives you at least SOME chance of not getting done.

I doubt anyone would make a conscious decision to leave it unattended, it's easy to leave something down and then get distracted.

• Advertisement

Rasco, I'm very sorry to hear this happened to you, truly am. But these are tough times we're living in now, it's going to mean a rise in petty crime like this. I retract what I said about it being 'stupid', I just think it was a little naive of you to leave your things behind. I'm not sure how likely it will be that you get your stuff back, but I hope for the best for you.

Start cancelling and ordering in new bank cards as soon as you can, and whatever else you're missing. It's a rotten feeling to have anything stolen on you. I haven't been robbed like that before, but I've been definitely silly enough to leave purses behind in taxi's when I was very young and a bit on the tipsy side. It's an awful feeling. I always bought a new purse as soon as I could and ordered my new cards etc, it gave me some relief. You ought to do the same. Not a purse though :pac::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I thought students waited until they were politicians, doctors, dentists etc before they started robbing people?

it's funny how this thread has turned into "its your fault for x y and z" kind of a kin to blaming the girl who gets assaulted cause she was asking for due to clothes or being drunk etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The 1% screwing us over again.

By us I mean you OP.

Marsden wrote: »
    Go to your reliving officer in the welfare and explain the situation, good chance they'll sort you out. Happened to a girl I know and she was looked after.

Really..? Interesting.....:)

1210m5g wrote: »
    I doubt anyone would make a conscious decision to leave it unattended, it's easy to leave something down and then get distracted.

Thieves are opportunists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I hope they catch him and throw the book at him!
    Could you have paged the cops to come over?

OP, take a leaf out of my book and never leave your wallet unattended.
    My mother used to give me chapter and verse about doing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

+1 on that
    Sure he might aswell have left his phone wallet house keys and address on table aswell
    Maybe bank account details aswell
    Your own fault mate
    In these times you'd have to be but slow to leave a wallet on a table unattended
    Suppose it's a lesson for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Moral of the story is always turn your phone off in the library!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mansized Wreath

Report to cops, being proof of this to local SWO and perhaps she'll reimburse you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

+1 on that
    Sure he might aswell have left his phone wallet house keys and address on table aswell
    Maybe bank account details aswell
    Your own fault mate
    In these times you'd have to be but slow to leave a wallet on a table unattended
    Suppose it's a lesson for you

Thank God you never took your eye off the ball!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

OP, I dont think Karma is good enough for the maggot that stole from you. I hope you have someone to help you throughout the coming week.

Leaving things unattended in a city library would be asking for sh1t to happen. But op said that it happen in a rurul area. You just wouldn't expect something like that to happen in a small rural place. I'm forever leaving my bits unattended and it doesn't happen but this thread is a warning to me. Cheers.

Which reminds me. I saw a lovely handbag, that I fell in love with in the shop and I really like it but it has short handles. I go for handbags that have a long handle so I can wear it across my body, so the bag can't be swiped from me. I really like the bag with the short handles and I would like to get it, but I won't be able to wear it across my body because the handles are too short and I'm thinking that if I buy the bag and use it, I'm asking to be robbed. It's going to easily swipable.

What do you think? I really like the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Well clearly not. They even let people on social welfare in these days!

Mod:User banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

It is not a traffic offence so the cops won't care.

Tough break man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Im gonna say the op lost the lot on the gee gees...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Show Time wrote: »
    It is not a traffic offence so the cops won't care.

Tough break man.

tell them the thief was driving without an NCT cert, they'll find him quicksmart...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Tough break buddy, hope you get sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

So walk over to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Which library was it?

They had to shut the toilets in the one in Carlow town because the junkies were going in there and shooting up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

its the 1% at it again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Glad you vented here OP.
    Being a library theft I'd hate to see you suffer in silence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement