Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLACK OPS 2 EARLY?

Options
  • 02-11-2012 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi, Just wondering if anyone knows how to get black ops 2 early in Ireland?
    I know in other countries there's so many ways but in Ireland their isn't. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Honest question..
    Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Pre order it.

our gaming guru's on boards, gamesnash are very good for getting games out a day early.

They've their own section here on boards. or visit them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 JJB96

I'm trying to get it about 4 days early

JJB96 wrote: »

No idea's so.

Surely there will be no one online anyway?
    its a bit late looking for it that early at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

If youre ordering off gamesnash.ie you can get a money off voucher if you state in the comments section of the order process "Boards.ie more the merrier offer - username xxxxxxx" and then post in this thread that you have ordered the game

• Advertisement

Well most of you know about youtube, and basically I'm a Machinima partner like many other Irish youtubers and I need it early.

Well most of you know about youtube, and basically I'm a Machinima partner like many other Irish youtubers and I need it early.

is that **** still on youtube?

RossieMan wrote: »
    is that **** still on youtube?

LMAO yeah haha, I still love doing it and getting money for it is a bonus

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Unfortunately, you have absolutely no chance of getting it 4 days early.

Retailers in Ireland are scared ****less of breaking rules regarding the early release of games. A few years ago it was a bit more lax but today, I know from first hand experience that employees in retailers are told selling the game early can have them fined, not the retailer, THEM. So nobody does it. A lot of stores don't even get their game delivery in until the day before it goes on sale.

As has already been said, your best bet is to order with a site that usually deliver one day early, Gamesnash or Gamestop. Either that or steal Hutch or Tejb's subscriber base so Machinima want you to have the game early.

LMAO yeah haha, I still love doing it and getting money for it is a bonus

Fair enough.

Having to play any CoD is punishment enough :D

Good luck in your search, something from the UK might be your best bet.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, you have absolutely no chance of getting it 4 days early.

Retailers in Ireland are scared ****less of breaking rules regarding the early release of games. A few years ago it was a bit more lax but today, I know from first hand experience that employees in retailers are told selling the game early can have them fined, not the retailer, THEM. So nobody does it. A lot of stores don't even get their game delivery in until the day before it goes on sale.

As has already been said, your best bet is to order with a site that usually deliver one day early, Gamesnash or Gamestop. Either that or steal Hutch or Tejb's subscriber base so Machinima want you to have the game early.

Really? haha I didn't think Irish employees were scared, I didn't think Activision would have any interest in a small country like ours with only a few gaming stores.I'll talk to Gamesnash and see if they could, even if it is 1 of 2 days early.

Thanks

Fair enough.

Having to play any CoD is punishment enough :D

Good luck in your search, something from the UK might be your best bet.

Bad thing about UK is you'd never know when it will be delivered.I ordered something off Amazon and it said 4 day delivery and it wasn't until 2 weeks later I got my order.

Think theres a chance of going in to Tesco and asking early?

Think theres a chance of going in to Tesco and asking early?

Tesco?

you must be really stuck for ideas.

Maybe if you try gamestop or somewhere and ask your man/wan behind the counter?

can't be sexiest here like. :D

Tesco?

you must be really stuck for ideas.

Maybe if you try gamestop or somewhere and ask your man/wan behind the counter?

can't be sexiest here like. :D

Gamestop treat Call of Duty like its gold haha they wouldn't give it out early, already tried last year in a number of gamestops. Tesco on the other hand...you could ask a women, who wouldn't know as much about technonlogy as men, ask if she has it in the back and she might bring it out.

Gamestop treat Call of Duty like its gold haha they wouldn't give it out early, already tried last year in a number of gamestops. Tesco on the other hand...you could ask a women, who wouldn't know as much about technonlogy as men, ask if she has it in the back and she might bring it out.

haha could be worth a shot I suppose.

knowing someone who worked in a game shop/ tesco would be give you a better shot.

haha could be worth a shot I suppose.

knowing someone who worked in a game shop/ tesco would be give you a better shot.

I did know someone and they moved to Australia the other day LMAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

If you know someone who works for nightline then you may be able to get it 4 days early. Gamestop give the packages to nightline on the thurs/fri but they are told not to deliver till the tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

And if you do find somebody stupid enough to give it to you early, I'd say you'll be paying 2-3 times the retail price. Do you watch PKA?

Chavways wrote: »
    And if you do find somebody stupid enough to give it to you early, I'd say you'll be paying 2-3 times the retail price. Do you watch PKA?

PKA? Yeah I watch it, i've watched the most recent one as well, pity we have hardly any 'Mom and Pop' stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 D3luka

iMuse wrote: »
    If you know someone who works for nightline then you may be able to get it 4 days early. Gamestop give the packages to nightline on the thurs/fri but they are told not to deliver till the tuesday.

thats very interesting. and yeah pka's a great show watched it live

D3luka wrote: »
    thats very interesting. and yeah pka's a great show watched it live

that's interesting?

you must lead an exciting life. :o

hahaha i wouldn't watch it live

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Rupert_Pimpkin

your best bet you be trying symths toy store i get my copy a week early every year from a manager there and if he wants something from me ill do it for him also another way to go would be the small game stores like a local game store or something like that usually they dont care about release dates

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

i get my copy a week early every year from a manager there and if he wants something from me ill do it for him

Jesus dude.........what has he asked from you in the past???

Jesus dude.........what has he asked from you in the past???

i draw up tattoos and my tattoo artist always slashes the price if i send customers his way so i get a game early he gets a cheaper tattoo everyones happy but with most of the smyths managers if you say you will give the 20 to 30 euro euro extra the will give you the game just depends on the person you try dealing with

i draw up tattoos and my tattoo artist always slashes the price if i send customers his way so i get a game early he gets a cheaper tattoo everyones happy but with most of the smyths managers if you say you will give the 20 to 30 euro euro extra the will give you the game just depends on the person you try dealing with

I somehow doubt that Smyths managers would break the release date and risk having to pay a couple of grand in penalties just to make an extra 20 euro. Maybe the guy you know does it because he trusts you but a random person off the street couldn't do it. If I was the manager, there's no way I'd risk it.

Chavways wrote: »
    I somehow doubt that Smyths managers would break the release date and risk having to pay a couple of grand in penalties just to make an extra 20 euro. Maybe the guy you know does it because he trusts you but a random person off the street couldn't do it. If I was the manager, there's no way I'd risk it.

like i said it depends on who you come across sure and when its a manger of the store the risk of losing there job is very low after all it is them that make sure copies dont go missing its still worth a try asking them and when your doing something like this always start small with the offers

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

I should have mine tonight or latest tomorrow morning :)

• Advertisement

Thecon21 wrote: »
    I should have mine tonight or latest tomorrow morning :)

How much are you paying if you don't mind me asking?

Advertisement