Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Primary Teachers Abroad

• 02-11-2012 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know that there are a lots of threads on here but some of the are years old so I wanted fresh views.

It'd be great if you have experience of this yourself
    I am an NQT (just finished in June, British trained). I took a job in Kuwait because there was nothing where I was in England and I could go though all the hoops and looks of registering with the Teaching Council, getting degrees attested, SCG/OCG, Gaeltacht courses, Catholic certs and whatever else just to not get a job.

I just want to know where have Irish teachers gone to teach and are actually enjoying it? Kuwait is far to conserative for me. It's fine until June because the money is good but I certainly will not be renewing for a second year! I know that many countries in the Middle East are a lot more liberal than here like in the UAE.

I've also been thinking that South America would be pretty good and lots of people seem to be talking about China at the minute.

There we go, rant over. Let me know if you or a friend has positive experince of teaching around the globe. Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Kathnora

You will get more responses to your request if you register with the Message Board on educationposts.ie as there are many members there currently teaching abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭brónaim cád??

Cheers. I just tried to register but it says you can't from outside the Republic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 j.l

Cheers. I just tried to register but it says you can't from outside the Republic.

They've been getting a lot of spam registrations recently so they've disabled it from outside the Republic. Just send them an e-mail explaining you're working abroad and they should have no problem registering you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Yenwod

A friend of mine, who trained in Britain, works in Cairo at http://www.mescairo.com/mesnew/index.asp and loves it. Been there for 5 or so years now. Seems to be a great expat community over there and the wages are tax-free!

Advertisement