Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how long to get the lmo

Options
  • 02-11-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

hi all, ive been offered a job in canada and just found out that my full time offer of employment has been sent to immigration, any ideas how long it would take to get the lmo, really just want to leave this place now, be nice to put a time frame on it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

hi all, ive been offered a job in canada and just found out that my full time offer of employment has been sent to immigration, any ideas how long it would take to get the lmo, really just want to leave this place now, be nice to put a time frame on it.

I dont understand? Usually when you get a job offer from your new employer you bring it with you to canada and a copy of your LMO which is emailed to you by your new employer. There,ll be a LMO number on top of both documonts. Produce both to imigration and pay 150 dollors. Your name will be on a list that imigration will have. They will already know you are coming.

What type of visa are you travelling under?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭whacker1982

they have not yet sent me on the letter of employment with the lmo. i was talking to them tue this week and she said all the forms are in order and are being sent off that day. what were these forms? i was talking to them on a very bad line so was only picking up bits and pieces of what she was saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

I think he means the company are only applying for the LMO now. Each province is running on different timelines but it can be anything up to 16 weeks to get the LMO, once you get this you can get the work permit at the airport.

ok i kinda lied at the start she said to me that it would take 2 to 4 weeks to get it, just something about it put me off on how quick it was to be processed.
    16 weeks ill go out of my mind, im starting already to

The company may qualify for an accelerated LMO which takes up to 10 days to get. It sounds like it if she is saying 2-4 weeks.

They have an application form to send to the government to get the LMO that is probably the forms she was talking about.

• Advertisement

she said something about two people getting out this year and i was one of them, again the line was bad. and she said 2 to 4 weeks. just could not believe it could be done so fast. she also said not to book any flights until she gives the say so.

Yep sounds like they qualify for an accelerated one, and shes right don't book anything until it has been approved.

bstar wrote: »
    Yep sounds like they qualify for an accelerated one, and shes right don't book anything until it has been approved.

thanks for that, put my mind at ease now again. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

All of the above sounds right. Well done welcome to Canada....even though your not physical here yet....lol

Kippure wrote: »
    All of the above sounds right. Well done welcome to Canada....even though your not physical here yet....lol

this gets me through the days till i get there:D enjoy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement