Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How does this compare? (Win7 on SSD)

Options
  • 02-11-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I finally got all my Win7 updates loaded, and so tonight, I decided to test my new PC and my old PC (Vista). Boot up time was significantly better, but the old PC has 7 years of crap on it, a older mobo, smaller ram, etc etc. I was disappointed with the boot up time of the new PC, as I was expecting, turn it on, sip my beer, oh it's started. What I got was:
    0s press on button
    6s asrock screen
    73s starting windows
    84s log in
    94s ready to go

Just over a minute to go from the main ASRock mobo screen to Starting Windows... From what I understand, that's purely down to the CPU and the mobo, and nothing to do with the SSD. It's the 11s it takes to go from Starting Windows to Ready to Log in where I should be impressed. Is that correct? If so, how does 11s compare to other scores?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

You've got a problem if it's spending a minute at the Asrock screen.

Could be that it's trying to boot from something that's not there? Check the boot priority of your drives. Maybe also try unplugging all of your USB connectors afterwards if there's still an issue to see if there's a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Holy crap, didn't even think of boot order. And yep, first boot was the DVD player. Now it's 12s total to the Starting Windows screen. That's ridiculous :D:D:D

Advertisement