Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nibiru - what you talkin about

Options
  • 02-11-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭

So what's this Niburu stuff?
    Some planetary body that about to crash into Earth.

Is there any scientific evidence for it, and by that I mean real scientific evidence, you tube videos don't count.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

stoneill wrote: »

Is there any scientific evidence for it, and by that I mean real scientific evidence, you tube videos don't count.

Nibiru is a supposed planet that is claimed to be approaching Earth and will cause non-specified disasters.
    It was originally meant to arrive in 2003, but since the world did not end then surprisingly, the idea has been added to the 2012 apocalypse nonsense.

The claim originate from a person though believed they were getting messages from aliens beamed into their head, and the people who promote it believe even stranger things.

There is exactly zero evidence for it.
    In fact there's negative evidence for it, since a planet sized object only a month and a bit away from us would be visible to the naked eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

stoneill wrote: »

Ah... the old nibiru hoax.

As King Mob already explained nibiru is just another fatalistic "end of the world" theory.

This madness has been going on for ages, lots of people in youtube posting videos confirming this theory blah blah blah, my favourite was user gorilla199, specially that video where he posted a picture of what it was title "cannibal star eats neighbour star" supposely taken by the chandra telescope where he was convinced that the picture was not of a cannibal star but nibiru, he went on and on explaining how the picture was just a trick, that color had been changed, image rotated etc and the best part was that, if you looked closer, under the picture you could read "Artirst conception of BP Piscium cannibal start" ... so basically he was looking at a painting and not at the real thing.. this guy was so convinced he was right that he just decided to block comments, it took him a few years to remove the video of his channel, in fact, seeing that the end of the world is not here he has already remove any video where he mentions that the end of the world is near etc... still plenty of other nonsense...

Worst thing is that he normally has more likes than dislikes, that worries me because I dont know if people liked because they think is funny or because they believe him, madness

Advertisement