Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offensive Graffiti (Ongar)

Options
  • 02-11-2012 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Last September, i noted racist graffitti in Ongar (on the ramp beside 3 kings Chinese and the dry cleaners - i.e. the roof car park)

It includes the swastika and the N***er word.

I find it really offensive and contacted Wallis Property management (on the assumption they would be responsible)

They in turn informed me that Savills are the people responsible.

I emailed Wallis on the 10th September (with a picture of the graffiti) and they replied on the 17th September that Savills had been contacted.

I rang Savills about 2 weeks ago and spoke to someone there who said that they were gathering quotes to get someone to clean the walls.

I have just passed the ramp this evening and the graffiti is still there so I am hoping that by naming and shaming Savills - that they will do something about this ASAP.

Please feel free to contact Savills in relation to this graffiti - the more people who contact them, the quicker they will remove it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Interesting that you opened this thread as I've noticed a real upsurge in graffiti being sprayed all over the Ongar area and perimeter - the walls, ESB boxes, refuse huts etc. It really is unsightly. I suspect it's the same group of individuals responsible for all as it was not a problem prior to these last few months.

Who actually are Savills? I would expect that Wallis (and not the minority of us who still pay the management fees :() should be the ones responsible for arranging the clean up (either calling up or applying any pressure needed to whatever 3rd party they book to clean it up). I will let Wallis know on Monday about it too as I also need to phone them about yet another abandoned car dumped in my courtyard! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Why name and shame Savills? was it them that sprayed the graffiti?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Why name and shame Savills? was it them that sprayed the graffiti?

Obviously because they are the ones responsible for getting the graffiti cleaned and Im sure the OP is just trying to highlight that fact...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

No thanks, you've already done what you need to do, no need for this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement