Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oily dehydrated skin

• 02-11-2012 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi all

Any suggestions for cleanser/exfoliator brands for oily and dehydrated skin? I'm currently using Yonka but I've been told Vichi is just as good - half the price!

Any advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

By "oily and dehydrated" do you mean patchy? As in cimbination skin?

If you have suddnely developed dry skin it is not likely to be your cleanser - unless you just changed in the last few weeks - it is more likely to be the cold weather we have been having or your lifestyle. The best thing you can do for your skin is drink mother loads of water (a minimum of 2 litres per day), keep caffine and alcohol consumption as low as possible and invest in a good moisturiser for the patchy areas of skin.

Vichi brand stuff is usually quite good but be sure to get products that are for your skin type. Combination/oily skin is a very common type so you shouldn't have problems. Give it a few weeks before you judge the product - changing brands or products can cause you skin to go a bit haywire but once you skin gets used to it is when you can properly judge the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

Sometimes if your skin is overly dry it will actually produce more oil to combat this which results in oily skin. And apparently the way to stop this happening is the oil cleansing method, basically cleaning with oil! Yep all sounds kind of contradictory and I myself don't really know much about it but theres a lot about it online if you fancy giving it a shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Busi Girl wrote: »
    Hi all

Any suggestions for cleanser/exfoliator brands for oily and dehydrated skin? I'm currently using Yonka but I've been told Vichi is just as good - half the price!

Any advice appreciated :)

This is a really hard problem to tackle.

Dry skin lacks oil/sebum. Dehydrated skin lacks water. So, it is possible to have oily but dehydrated skin.

What works for me is doubling the water I drink daily. But I'm guilty of drinking very little amount of water. If you drink 2 litres a day, that should be fine. You can take Omega 3 supplements, but I think that is more to do with dryness. I also try to cut down the salt and caffeine I take as soon as I feel the dehydration coming on. Avene and La Roche Posay have hydration serums that many people like. But they have alcohol in them and with my sensitive skin, I wouldn't even try those. But if you don't have sensitive skin, give either one of them a try. One of my friends with oily dehydrated skin loves the LRP one.

In short, dehydration can be better combated by nutrition, as opposed to dryness which you can help more easily externally/skin care.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Busi Girl

Thanks all - ya i had a facial a few weeks ago and the beautician told me I had oily but dehydrated skin/combination skin.
    I got some Vichi products in town today so I'll know in a few weeks :)

Advertisement