Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd WiFi Problem

Options
  • 02-11-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I recently got a Galaxy s3 that i connect to my laptop via the wifi hotspot to use its 3g connection. my laptop is pretty new got it in march, Acer pretty high spec.

In the last few days it is unable to connect to the wifi on my phone. It keeps coming up with connection issues, i changed the password and even turned it off and it still will not connect or even prompt for the new password to be entered.

It connected to another laptop (crap old dell), it took a minute or two and the same error came up but then it connected.

I connected my laptop to an iphone hotspot no problem and my laptop connects to the home internet fine.

Any ideas what it could be? There was an update on the phone to jelly bean around the time the hotspot stopped working but why does it still connect to the dell laptop?

could it be some settings on the laptop itself?

Advertisement