Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

16 year old Girl missing from Naas

• 02-11-2012 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭

Gardaí are trying to trace 16-year-old Bernadette O'Connor from Hazelmere, Naas, Co Kildare, who has been missing since 1pm on 22 October.
    Bernadette is 1.68m (5’6”) tall, and has brown, shoulder-length hair with blonde highlights.
    It is not known what she was wearing when last seen.
    It is believed that she has a young dog in her possession; a small black and white Chihuahua. Bernadette is known to frequent the Stillorgan and Stepaside areas of Dublin.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1102/bernadette-oconnor.html

Hope she is found safe and well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

Bloody hell. This never ends. How does this keep happening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

ok, Wtf is going on with all these missing people?

I hope she's found, poor thing, over a week missing now. Also I hope the poor dog is safe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 LG2012

has this girl not being missing twice the last few months? this is worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Crazy to think that this is only getting reported 11 days later, especially when you consider how young she is.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

LG2012 wrote: »
    has this girl not being missing twice the last few months? this is worrying.

They really need to start using a tracking device

Hope she's found safe and well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

She's gone missing a few times before. I remember seeing it reported elsewhere. Hope she's found safe and well, but I hope someone actually takes control and deals with the whole thing when she's found. A youngster going missing so often and putting their parents and Gardai through the stress of it all, obviously isn't well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Side Show Bob

God bless this poor girl and her family, prayers for her safe return!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

phasers wrote: »
    ok, Wtf is going on with all these missing people?

There does seem to be a lot of people going missing lately and a lot still missing from years ago. Its terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

http://www.thejournal.ie/appeal-for-missing-teenager-bernadette-oconnor-550506-Aug2012/

She went missing last time for two months.

Lot of crying wolf I'd say. At a friends or boyfriend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Well, she's been 'found', again, in case anyone was wondering..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

And she's missing again! According to Rte.ie

Irish Times article.

There's something kinda worrying about the fact she's missing so often. Hope she turns up safe and sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

WTF?
    She went missing, then was found, now she is missing again??!?

Hmmm. Something doesnt sit right. Rebellious teen? Comes from a messed up home/wants to run away? I dunno. Weird none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

im invisible banned.

Anymore "jokes" will see people banned for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Her poor parent must be mortified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭danger mouse

Strange case alright. They seem to be giving a different address for her every time she's missing as well. Seems to be a lot of turmoil in her life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

I never even heard of this story in the first place. Hope all turns out OK

Lots of different reasons why a 16 year old would run away. But I do hope for her sake that the root of the problem is sorted. Dangerous and lonely world when you walk round the wrong corner.

I wish the girl well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I know her to see around Ballinteer, very sad. Hope she gets the help she needs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Posts deleted. Let's quit the speculation please, out of respect for this girl and her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Ah God love her. She must be very troubled. I hope she's found and that she and her family will be given the support they need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Found safe and well according to Trace on facebook. Thank goodness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Given the troubled history of the girl at the subject of this thread, I can be forgiven for thinking of her when I saw the news a few minutes ago with an item about a teenage girl reported missing from her home in Naas.

Sadly, for another family, it is a different girl of similar age from the same town.

Gardaí are seeking help in locating 15 year old Roisin O'Toole who has been missing from her home since Sunday.

From RTÉ.

Gardaí in Naas have appealed for help tracing 15-year-old Roisin O'Toole, who is missing from her home in Arconagh, Naas, Co Kildare.
    Roisin was last seen at approximately 9pm on Sunday.
    She is 1.58m (5'2") tall, and has long blonde hair - now lighter in colour than the photograph shows.
    Roisin has blue eyes and pale skin.
    When last seen she was wearing leggings and a hoodie. She also has a black jacket with fur-trimmed hood and a pair of red Vans.
    Anyone who can assist in locating Roisin is asked to contact Naas Garda Station on 045-884300, the Garda Confidential Telephone Line 1800-666-111, or any garda station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Found safe and well where ? What actually happened ?

This is the third time I've seen Gardai looking for her and then her turn up "safe and well". Did she get lost ? Go on the run ? Go drinking and didnt bother her hole telling anyone ? Whats the deal with her ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭AulBiddy

Lapin wrote: »
    Given the troubled history of the girl at the subject of this thread, I can be forgiven for thinking of her when I saw the news a few minutes ago with an item about a teenage girl reported missing from her home in Naas.

Sadly, for another family, it is a different girl of similar age from the same town.

Gardaí are seeking help in locating 15 year old Roisin O'Toole who has been missing from her home since Sunday.

From RTÉ.

Gardaí in Naas have appealed for help tracing 15-year-old Roisin O'Toole, who is missing from her home in Arconagh, Naas, Co Kildare.
    Roisin was last seen at approximately 9pm on Sunday.
    She is 1.58m (5'2") tall, and has long blonde hair - now lighter in colour than the photograph shows.
    Roisin has blue eyes and pale skin.
    When last seen she was wearing leggings and a hoodie. She also has a black jacket with fur-trimmed hood and a pair of red Vans.
    Anyone who can assist in locating Roisin is asked to contact Naas Garda Station on 045-884300, the Garda Confidential Telephone Line 1800-666-111, or any garda station.

She has been found just there now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

I hope they find the 16yr girl asap

off topic but its 20 years to the day that Annie McCarrick went missing,
    26/3/1993. i remember it really well. the years have flown by so quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 749 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Difficult to enforce with minors I know, but for people who like to (repeatedly) "disappear" themselves for a while for whatever reason, surely there is a case to be answered for wasting police time:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement