Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 8 Reports

Options
  • 02-11-2012 11:33pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

New GM takes a trip to Nashville,wins the toss and elects to receive!

It doesnt take them long to score after 2 Titans D-men block each other!

Titans then throw a pick on the first play, Titans give up 3
    10-0 Colts

Titans have a quick 3 and out

Titans D is not showing up,til Verner takes a pick 70 odd yards to the 12 yard line
    Cookie gets a TD

10-7 Colts

Titans D goes missing again and gives up a big play and then a TD

17-7 Colts

C2J weaves his way through the Colts for a 80 yard TD

17-14 Colts

Colts throw a pick with Witherspoon
    Titans hit Britt for a TD

17-21 Titans

Colts throw a pick 6 to Buchanon

17-28 Titans

Colts punt
    Titans hit Wright for a TD

17-34 Titans

Titans force a punt
    Colts force a punt

Then a disconnect :mad: (on my side)

Big Daddy,you want to go again?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Game restarted from scratch, Colts receive

Titans D are still asleep and drop 2 or 3 picks during the first drive

Now we get desync'd!

Daddy.. one more time..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

3rd time lucky TD Colts
    Titans get to red zone and throw int
    Colts TD
    Titans fumble,Colts recover
    Int for the Titans, Titans punt, FG Colts

17-0 Colts

Titans move it with a massive play,then throw an int
    Colts throw an int, Titans get a TD

17-7 Colts at HT

Titans TD
    Colts punt
    Titans TD
    Witherspoon gets an int, Titans TD

17-28 Titans

Colts punt
    Titans TD
    Colts TD

24-35 Titans
    Titans punt
    Colts TD
    31-35 Titans with 6:15 left

Titans TD, Colts punt, Titans get a couple of 1st downs and kneel it out

Some Stats:

Titans with 581 yards of offense, 146 rushing
    Colts with 422 yards of offense, 26 rushing

Lockers Qb rating is 107,16 from 28,435 yards, 3 TDs and 2 Ints
    Lucks QB rating is 88, 20 from 41,426 yards,4 TDs and 3 Ints

C2J gets 21 carries for 148 yards and 3 Rushing TDs

Fleener gets 9 catches fro 254 yards and 2 TDs

Cookie gets 6 catches for 138 yards
    C2J gets 6 catches for 163yards and 2 TDs
    Washington gets 3 catches for 124 yards and TD

Reggie Wayne gets 3 catches for 64 yards and 2 TDs

Unlukcy Big Daddy, Fleener was tough to nail down in the first half, but in the second i had my safeties close so that they'd be tackling once the ball came near him,so he made a lot of catches that he then dropped,definitely worth spending the XP on upgrading that aspect of his game.

Chris Johnson was the difference here, unstoppable on the ground.

Vontae Davis... jesus man i'm sorry.. 31 weeks :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

49ers beat the cardinals 31-24. Four pick sixes in this one and a goal-line stand by the niners helping with a first half lead. A smith related comeback in the third was stopped in the fourth by a fumble inside the twenty. Niners hold on to win. Tight game with some bad throws. Cards should have a good shout of second in the division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Falcons beat the Eagles 31-20. Would have been a completely different game however, 2 fumbles from McCoy in the first quarter meant that the ground game wasn't much of an option for the Eagles. Vick had to throw which resulted in....7 INTs! Crazy amount although it wasn't fumbles, like real Vick. My offense was terrible as well with my 3rd string QB being forced to start. However, only 1INT meant that I was able to stay ahead and take advantage of plenty of possession.

Good game Notaly, hopefully Vick doesn't self destruct again and the season improves for you. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Rams beat the Pats according to twitter...bring in on in week ten! Will be unimpressed if they turn up without their gold uniforms:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Giants 27 Cowboys 24

Giants

rushing 110

Passing 257

turnovers 0

Cowboys

rushing 222

passing 87

turnovers 3

Romo had a poor game with a QB rating of 56.4 and 2 int

Eli had a massive game with a rating of 141.8

would have being higher but Bennet dropped 5 passes free of coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Second play of the game, fumble by Murray. Over-turned on review. Next play, pick-6 by Romo (another INT but that was on last second Hail Mary)
    And it went from there...
    Hit the post with a FG too.
    Cowboys D was good, except when it mattered. And Giants recovered two Eli fumbles

Good game empacher, some very good passing with Eli. Last person with the ball wins!

Looking forward to a game with someone with a mic, very boring otherwise, especially when staying up late (well late for me) to play

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 28-31 Packers.

The Jags pick up their first loss of the season at Lambo field and it could have been so different!

Tebow came out and threw some awesome passes, after holding the Packers on their first drive, the TD Tebow threw to take the lead was an absolute thing of beauty.

It went back and forth from there it was an even game, but as I received ball at half time and scored on my first 2nd half drive, I found myself up by 2 scores. Again I forced a punt, my pass D was great, but I stupidly allowed Rodgers over 60 yards rushing. Nelbert pulled one back, I had a chance to reply but I threw the worst pass I've probably ever thrown in a Madden game, I don't know what I was thinking, I meant to lead the pass up but threw it out wide and straight into the hands of Woodson who jogged home for the easiest pick 6 of all time which totally changed the game.

My plan was to march down the field and try and grab a score with little time for a reply, and it was all going to plan, until I ****ed up ANOTHER pass lead, something you can't afford against the Packers, and threw an INT while in Field Goal range. Nelbert marched up the field, and used the time well to kick the go ahead FG with 9 seconds left.

I went for a hail mary on the final play, and Nelbert picked the wrong play, which means I had Mercedes Lewis streaking wide open, and Blackmon covered by Woodson on one side of the field. As Woodson was ruining my life, I threw to Lewis, forgetting he was a fat bastard, and he barly got to the 50. I tried to lateral, but it wouldn't work, so I had to let time expire.

Really frustrated at myself, I had the game in my hand, but as Tebow was passing so well I guess I got over-confident in my passing game, I should have just kept going with MJD, who had 151 yards and 2 TD's on the day.

Still though, well played Nelbert. You took your chances well and when I stopped you in the air you punished me on the ground. Good luck with the season.

Kind of funny I thought that the Jags had more passing yards and the Packers had more rushing yards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

The rest of the AFC South is welcome!

Pretty epic game. Really pleased with the composed and varied final drive I put together to march down the field and eat up a ton of clock before kicking the winning FG.

Really missed Matthews in this game. MJD was horrible to try and contain!

As with most of my games being on the right side of the a few big plays swung it. My defence came up trumps again in the turnovers department.... Pity that the rest of their stat line is not very pretty!

Nicely done nelbert!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Luca Uptight Goon

Where is your god now mikey :)

Crying into his Jesus juice!

Gonna be some very important games for us.

The Colts are a good team, I can see them causing an upset or two.

With 2 games against the Jags (one being the last game of the season) They are going to be epically important to both of us Mikey and with one loss to the Texans for me I'll be looking to balance that out.

Then we get in to the head scratching tie breaking scenarios :p

You didn't see the first TD of the game. Tebow to my backup TE Cloherty. If you did, you would know.

Still managed 28 points. God can't defend Rodgers though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    You didn't see the first TD of the game. Tebow to my backup TE Cloherty. If you did, you would know.

Still managed 28 points. God = Rodgers though!

Corrected that for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams D bullies Brady

Rams 38 Patriots 17

A monster game from Rams DE Chris Long meant Brady and co. went away with a bit of a beating from the unfancied Rams.

5 sacks from 'The Monster from Missouri' as well as numerous hurries and hits along the way had Brady scurrying every time he dropped back. Those hurry ups and pressure from other members of 'The New Fearsome Foursome' lead to 4 INTs as well as 2 fumbles. They also managed to contain 'The Gronk' for the entire 1st half until he exploded with 133yds off 7 catches and a TD.

Not to be outdone Bradford posted his best game yet with a QB rating of 143.8 with 9 from 15 for 217yds, 3TDs and 0 INTs.

Some Stats:

NE 235 total yards (10 rush, 225 pass)
    STL 317 total yards (100 rush, 217 pass)

S.Jackson 2TDs
    J. Dreessen 2TDs
    G.Zuerlein 1 FG

A.Hernandez 1TD
    R.Gronkowski 1TD
    S.Gostkowski 1 FG

Good game Dave, really surprised myself at how well the Rams did. The Gronk never really got going in the 1st half and ive never seen Brady run that fast before!!:)

Onways and Upwards!!

Guns4All (miniature american flags for others):D

(Gold Uniforms on the way)

nice win guns

Still managed 28 points. God can't defend Rodgers though!

so rodgers is the antichrist that means i beat the antichrist but lost to little jesus does that make schaub some sort of limbo god im not sure let me think on this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

guns4all wrote: »
    Rams D bullies Brady

Rams 38 Patriots 17
    )

This pleases me ...

J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

so rodgers is the antichrist that means i beat the antichrist but lost to little jesus does that make schaub some sort of limbo god im not sure let me think on this

Rodgers is not god, he's is merely a robot. Tebow is Jesus as he is the son of God.

Schaub is just a middle man between the centre and Foster/Johnson.

Rodgers is not god, he's is merely a robot. Tebow is Jesus as he is the son of God.

Schaub is just a middle man between the centre and Foster/Johnson.

odds on tebow kicking his gms ass just rose:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Some stats

Philip Rivers 19-28 316 yds 3TD 3 INT
    Brandon Weedon 5-15 48 yds :pac: 0TD 0INT

Ryan Matthews 13att 79yds 1TD
    Trent Richardson 22att 267yds :) 2 TD

Plexico Burres 5 catches 136 yds 1 TD
    No real receiever of note for the Browns though my TE did convert a 3rd and 22 :)

Browns run, run and run some more and have taken the game out of Weedens hands.
    Richardson was a beast with 267yds and 3 broken tackles

The game started off with some brutal (brutal in a good way) D with 4 fumbles in the first half.

As the Browns raced into the lead the Chargers fought back bravely but it's a dangerous game and Rivers throw 2 pick 6's.

To their credit the Chargers never gave up.
    Browns milked the clock in the 3rd and 4th quarter but then got torched by two long TD's

A tight score to reflect a tight game

Good game Paully, good luck for the season

Now bring on the Ravens :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

On our 4th attempt:

Redskins 19-3 Steelers

A defensive battle for the ages as the game was 6-3 at half time and 12-3 in the 4th quarter. The Redskins got their only touchdown with a ridiculous catch by Santana Moss using just one hand to pull in the ball over a Cornerback. Nuts!

Great game ET. Glad we finally got it done!!

RG3 Watch: 16/28 225 yards 1 TD 0 INT (9!!! Drops by receivers)

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

SantryRed wrote: »
    On our 4th attempt:

Redskins 19-3 Steelers

A defensive battle for the ages as the game was 6-3 at half time and 12-3 in the 4th quarter. The Redskins got their only touchdown with a ridiculous catch by Santana Moss using just one hand to pull in the ball over a Cornerback. Nuts!

Great game ET. Glad we finally got it done!!

RG3 Watch: 16/28 225 yards 1 TD 0 INT (9!!! Drops by receivers)

I'd be lying if I said that I was happy with this game, of all the games we played the server lets us keep the worst for both side but mostly me.

In the 10 quarters of football we played I forced 4 fumbles that were recovered by the Skins and Polamalu had a pick 6!! But its the last result that counts.

Great chatting throughout, hope we meet in the Superbowl :cool:

Oh the Moss catch was ridiculous!!

Advertisement